What's new

24: Day 3 - 12/02/03 - Hour 6 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK

THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE BETWEEN 6:00 PM AND 7:00 PM

Jack Bauer Body Count: 3

Any guesses as to where they're going to take the show after this episode? Now that they pretty much have the virus contained (or so they think) what now? And here's a link to a TV Guide article concerning a character that may come back. All discussion concerning that would be greatly appreciated if put in spoilers.

The Questions

1. Is Kyle Singer really the only source for the virus?
2. Will David Carradine kill Chloe in front of the eyes of millions of gracious fans this week?
3. What's David gonna do about Ted Malloy mudding up his campaign?
4. Will Kim bring her pet cougar to work to help out?
5. Is Teri really dead?

Find out on an all new 24

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Not going to bother to spoilerize, except for any preview information, so be careful if you have not seen the episode.

Not bad, some good tense moments. The Palmer scenes were the weak part as usual

Looks like Salizar has the upper hand now and Jack is heading to Mexico. Jack should have been more clever than to go all the way to the airfield with Salizar. Pretty obvious that he was not going to let Jack go once they got there. Should have just stopped the car a few miles before the airstrip and let Salizar go the rest of the way on his own.

Kyle tested negative for the virus. Does this mean somebody else is infected or there never was a carrier to begin with? Why would the bad guys be all over Kyle if he had no purpose. Pretty elaborate smoke screen.

Kim stumbles onto Gael's plot and now he has her (wouldn't be 24 if Kim did not get herself into trouble somehow) But how long can he possible keep her before someone realizes she's gone. Or, how can he kill her without blowing his cover? Guess we'll find out

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Maybe he won't kill her. Could turn into a he said she said if they each leave that room healthy.

"You're the mole!"

"No, YOU'RE the mole!"

"You are!"

"Daaaaad!"

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So that they couldn't track the copter, although they found it pretty easily anyway. I thought the whole "forced hailing frequency", which they found just seconds too late, was almost as lame as the "can't shoot him down" also just seconds too late. Talk about your artificial tension.

And Kim, finish the damn phone call instead of asuming the feet you see are whatshisname's. (Was she trying to call him?) Also lame, but we know Kim has to be in danger at some point.

//Ken

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
So no one could try to convince him to land the helicopter. Of course, that's a bunch of BS, though...it would make sense for Jack to not communicate with anyone, but I think it would still be useful for him to hear what they have to say.

I really liked tonight's episode. Glad to see that Tony's doing alright. It was very interesting to learn that Kyle didn't have the virus after all. Now we can get to the real plot.

Dan M~

Second Unit
:thumbsdown:

Sorry, but "24" just has not hit stride this season. There just is no story here. What are the writers attempting to accomplish?

In Day 2 they left too many unanswered questions, Day 3 seems to be on track to top it.

I now understand why they do not have an encore showing later in the week... word of mouth would have nobody watching.

They have one more show to captivate me... this time of year is just too busy to put things aside for another mediocre show.

Sorry. I really did like Day 1 and Day 2.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
While I enjoyed tonight's episode, it is interesting that there doesn't seem to be any threat left to LA - unlike the first two years. I'm not sure where it's going to go from now. Maybe Kim will go all Commando and set off on a rescue! I pretty much knew that Kyle was a ruse with the way they set up the blood testing scenes.

There is a lot of forced tension this season. It seemed strange that they couldn't shoot down Jack because he was wobbling around in the air. Didn't he mention they had the heat signature? It seems like it would have been an easy shot.

I agree that the Palmer scenes are weak.

I'm sure that the mole guy will just tell Kim to keep quiet or your father dies - or something similar. I actually found Kim's bit the best part of tonight's show. Yikes!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed Day 1 and Day 2 as well. Last week's episode was the only Day 3 episode I really liked. Last night I had to fight to keep my eyes open.

Kim plot line is awful as usual.

40 minutes of a chopper convoy. Yawn...

Not a big fan of Michelle either. Other than Jack, there isn't a person in CTU with any balls or personality. Even Tony is a bore.

Anyway they can write Mason back into this? Let's get creative! Maybe a Dallas-type dream episode!

I'll still tune in next week. Maybe Nina will come back!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kudos to the show's hairstylist who has to keep Kim's hair cut the same for the entire season. I noticed she got it trimmed up this episode.

Most folks that watch the last 2 season rarely remember what happened in the early hours, so I can't really find much objectionable for the time being, except for the Palmer scenes, because 24 has always propped up the tension by writing scenes where people are a day late and a dollar short (otherwise the show would come to a screeching halt).

You do have to wonder if Hector's woman had some form of relationship with Jack because she got real uncomfortable when Hector said Ramon and Jack were heading their way.

Still hate the mole subplot.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Hate to say it but I didn't find last nights episode to great. I felt like I've already seen alot of it before (mole in CTU, Kim in trouble.

Not sure where they go now that Kyle is virus free, but do I really care?

Oh and jesus Mr. Poopy, you should of seen this one coming a mile a way.

My anticipation for 24 has dropped considerably over the last few weeks.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The other bit (of speculation of mine) that would produce some irony is if Jack was infected with the virus, and Hector unwittingly had him brought back to Mexico. Doh!

James T

Screenwriter
The other bit (of speculation of mine) that would produce some irony is if Jack was infected with the virus, and Hector unwittingly had him brought back to Mexico. Doh
You know you've been watching too much 24 when you come up with a theory like that.

The episode was okay. If it was a movie or a tv show, it could have been cut to a 15 or 30 min show. A lot of filler. Does it even matter where you are in LA or is it that no matter where you are, it will take you exactly 10 minutes to get from point A to B?

What's the deal with Chapelle? I don't think it was acting, but when the guy hugged Michelle, it was like he never hugged anyone before. It looked very awkward.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
What's the deal with Chapelle? I don't think it was acting, but when the guy hugged Michelle, it was like he never hugged anyone before. It looked very awkward.
Well the awkward hug of the year makes sense since these two characters are not the best of friends.

It looks like Kyle was infected with the over acting bug (who are you guys!) and I knew he was clean when they had that made for TV movie scene with his parents.

Palmer's brother still bugs me but I liked it when Daivd repeated the "I'm the President, don't ever call me by my first name." bit from last season telling him to back off from my woman! I also liked the "I'm fine" "You sure are" exchange between David and Ann.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Chapelle doesn't "do" warmth. He's always been portrayed as a reptilian bureaucrat, the kind who survives by calculating each move in terms of maximum ass-covering. That's the button Chase pushed in order to buy time for Jack ("better check with the President").

Mason was portrayed in much the same way during season 1, which is what made his arc in season 2 so surprising (even to Mason) and satisfying.

M.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The Palmer sections are starting to bore the hell out of me! I really hope it's going somewhere. My wife laughed at the "hug." An okay episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks