What's new

M*A*S*H Season Five Play-All Feature (1 Viewer)

Coressel

Supporting Actor
The DVDs of the 5th Season of M*A*S*H will have a play-all feature, according to this website: http://www.finest-kind.net/news.htm

Personally, I don't really care if it has a play-all thingy or not, but I know lots of fans were annoyed that the first four seasons on DVD didn't include that.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for the information, sir! I have spread the word to more people, and given you credit for making me aware of it. THANKS!

Put me in the "care" camp...I will be immensely pleased to be able to sit back and let them all play through!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. Someone should remember to thank Peter Staddon during the next chat...I'm sure he had a wee bit to do with it!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
This is indeed good news, and I am also in the care camp much for the same reason as David, but for a few other reasons also which really aren't all that important to most others.

Good job Fox!

Now my new number 1 complaint for M*A*S*H is a lack of bonus features, but I think that eventually perhaps with the last episode I will get my wish.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
It's like over a week that I have purchased this set but I haven't seen it yet. If you want it, I can check it for you.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
David Lambert wrote:
Thank you for the information, sir! I have spread the word to more people, and given you credit for making me aware of it. THANKS!
You're welcome! Thanks for mentioning me at tvshowsondvd.com. Very informative and useful website.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Sam, yes do check out your copy if you have some time... just to make sure I haven't gotten everyone's hopes up for nothing! :b

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You haven't...I've gotten like 5 e-mails from other lucky early-DVD-getters, who all say "it's true!"

Coressel

Supporting Actor
That's great! I was considering only getting thru the 4th or 5th seasons, but now I think I will get the 6th season next summer. I've always thought the introduction of Charles was brilliant.

Glad to know the play-all thing is true, and not just a rumor. Ironically for me, it's the last half of the series run where I will want to cherry-pick which episodes I watch instead of wanting to play eight shows in a row...

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Now that I think about it, and look a the back cover posted at tvshowsondvd.com there is no indication that the 5th Season will have the option to kill the laugh-track. I hope it does have that feature, and I assume it will be the same as the previous DVDs, but can anyone confirm it?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Glad to hear Fox finally added the play all feature. But I wonder why it took them until season 5 to finally add it.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Good news about the non-laugh-track track. That is probably the most important reason to me for even bothering to get these.

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the picture Sam. :)

That is the nicest looking menu of all of the
seasons so far.

Like someone said before, I would like to have
some extras included with these sets, like
commentary on selected episodes or interviews
with Alda, Burghoff, etc.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
At first I was thinking....who would want to sit through 24 or 25 shows at one time?;)

Don't think I could stand 8 either though.

John Madia

Second Unit
I'm glad the play all feature is on there but would anyone else have preferred a "play first/last 4" feature instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks