Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

George Reeves' Superman on DVD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#261 of 265 ONLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,468 posts

Posted January 22 2006 - 01:17 PM

I've watched 7 or 8 episodes so far plus the bonus features. The quality is outstanding and I'm very pleased with this set. I'm mildly disappointed in the two brief omissions, but I'm sure WHV did the best with what they had.

I was very impressed with Phyllis Coates in S1, but watching S2 reminds me why I'm a Noel Neill fan Posted Image

Steve
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#262 of 265 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah

• 1,503 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted January 23 2006 - 04:10 AM

[quote] I was very impressed with Phyllis Coates in S1, but watching S2 reminds me why I'm a Noel Neill fan [quote]
It's the reverse for me. I always thought Coates was the embodiment of Lois Lane... Beautiful, gutsy... and that scream. I always thought Noel was a little goofy.

#263 of 265 ONLINE   Steve...O

Steve...O

Producer

• 3,468 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 04:27 AM

[quote] always thought Noel was a little goofy [quote]

She is. But she's still Noel Neill. She made an impression on me when I was a 6 year old kid watching TAOS and watching these episodes these *cough* years later I still think she's a sweetheart.

Phyllis was a wonderful actress (I loved that scream also), and it is true she probably was more technically accurate in her portrayal. But who admires Lois Lane for her acting ability Posted Image ?
Please help UCLA restore the Laurel & Hardy films: https://www.cinema.u...aurel-and-hardy

#264 of 265 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,302 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 04:43 AM

I always thought that Coates fit the 1st Season's more Film Noirish approach, but when things started turning more goofy, then Neil Fit that approach a bit better.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#265 of 265 OFFLINE   LaurenceGarvey

LaurenceGarvey

Second Unit

• 286 posts

Posted January 23 2006 - 05:00 AM

Clark seems much more comfortable with the "new" Lois than he ever did with the first one. They are friends, something he and the Phyllis/Lois never were. I'm enjoying these more than I thought I would, too. But I disagree with the poster above who suggested that the second season was seen less often than the other seasons; growing up, I saw them in alphabetical order (based on episode title) regardless of season, which is how I believe the TV syndication package worked in the '60s and '70s. Once all the sets are out, I'm gonna watch 'em that way again, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users