What's new

The Flintstones in'04 (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
from tvshowsondvd.com

Warner Bros Family Entertainment will be releasing the first season of The Flintstones in 2004. We've known about this for awhile but were asked to hold off releasing the information until the official announcement which we expect in the next few weeks. With The Digital Bits posting the news yesterday, we figured we should let the cat out of the bag.

We've been saying that Warner Bros is quickly becomming THE studio for quality TV releases, and this is going to be one of them. Although the set won't be as perfect as the wonderful Looney Tunes: Golden Collection, we expect Warner Bros will give animation fans a reason to rush out and pick this one up when it's released next year. As far as we know there hasn't been a date locked down for the release, which is one of the reasons we didn't post the information earlier. We'll just wait for the official announcement for all the details. Also coming in 2004 is the first season of The Jetsons.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is EXCELLENT news. Rarely a day went by as a kid when I didn't come home for lunch and watch an episode of The Flintstones. I always loved it, and now that they'll be out in SEASON SETS, I'm ecstatic!!! Although, I'm not as big a fan of "The Jetsons", I will most definitely buy that too. I can't wait to relive some of the great moments from both these shows. I haven't seen either in syndication for quite some time. Can't wait.

On a quick sidenote, I hope they release the original "Flagstones" pilot on the first set. I've heard about it, but have never seen it.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Thank You Warner Bros!!..Needless to say it's long over due!!

Unlike the worries you had about sales for Looney Toones this WILL be one of your biggest releases of '04.

There are millions of fans out there who grew up with Flintsones in the 60's,70's and 80's..

Even with NO xtras this will be a huge seller but any added features would be appreciated..

Cheers!

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
So season one of the Jetsons was 24 episodes that aired from '62-'63. That was it until the revival of the series in 1984. Do we know if this set will be billed as "season one" or something else like "the complete original series"?

I always thought of the '84 revival as being every bit as good and authentic as the original run (there really was no difference) and would not want to own only the original 24 episodes without having a chance to own the others.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Awesome news about both series - can't wait! I'm actually more excited about the Jetsons - which I am a bigger fan of. I remember watching that at, like, 7:30 in the morning everyday before school when I was a kid. Hopefully, the TV movie "The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones" will be released to coincide with these releases. Ironically, I was just thinking about a DVD release for TJMTF yesterday - I've been waiting for it for a LONG time.

David, unfortunately the original pilot is NOT included on that Cartoon Crack-Ups disc (which I have had since its release, and love it) - at least not in its entirety. Only a short clip of it is included, with some voices changed from the original version. Unfortunately, that doesn't make me very confident it will be released on the S1 set in its entirety (with the original voices or otherwise).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, that doesn't make me very confident it will be released on the S1 set in its entirety (with the original voices or otherwise).
I totally think it will be included in its entirety. Warner knows the value of special features and this is probably one of the best you could include. The fact that some of it was included on that smaller release means that they have it at their disposal. I think they'll make good use of it.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I'm only 15 but I grew up on Flintstones and Jetson cartoons when I was a little kid. I watch the Jetson movie and Jetsons meet the Flintstones a zillion times. I also watch both shows' reruns that were on TV. I'll be buying both.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The image quality of the laserdisc box set was pretty much destroyed by DVNR (instead of eliminating hair and dust, actual animation was removed from the picture).

Warner, please fix this.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
'Winston' commercials? Never thought of that. Would be excellent to see. I can't believe they were even allowed to sponsor a cartoon show, primetime or not.

Perhaps they could include them as Easter Eggs that the kiddies won't find (The Dick Van Dyke Show DVDs have done this for Kent ads).

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
This is GREAT news about The Flintstones! It's one of my all-time favorite series, and I can't wait to get to see all of its first season. I'll be most happy when both S1 and S2 are on the shelves, as the series went WAY downhill during seasons three and four. I'd probably watch those two years when they appear, but seasons one and two are really the only worthwhile ones...

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
I'm glad they're doing this!

The Flintstones is truly one of Hanna-Barbera's best works, and the episodes done before Pebbles was born have often flat-out great humor. :)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Ok....

Here's hoping that they do the set proud.....
I still have the laserdisc set which I would never part with...

But if Warners is to do the set proud, here's hoping that the following laserdisc supp's are included...

The Lost Pilot - The Flagstones (1 minute and 45 seconds)
The Lost Opening and Closing titles
The Flintstones Alka Seltzer / One A Day commericals
The Flintstones Welch's commericals
The Flintstones Kitchen Rich Cookies commericals
The Flintstones Winston Cigarette commericals
Meet The Animators
Meet the Voice Talent
Pencial Tests

Dugger

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'll be most happy when both S1 and S2 are on the shelves, as the series went WAY downhill during seasons three and four.
When did that "new" Barney Rubble voice appear? I never liked that new voice. I think Fred got a new voice too.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
great news indeed, it is getting harder to keep up with the releases.

How many seasons of The Flinstones were there actually ?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
When did that "new" Barney Rubble voice appear? I never liked that new voice. I think Fred got a new voice too.
There was never a new Barney, but apparently aws Butler did Mel Blanc's work for five episodes while Blanc recovered from a car accident. BETTY changed from Bea Benaderet to Gerry Johnson after S4, though, and it was a jarring difference.

Fred was always Alan Reed, at least during the original series. Henry Corden took on the voice for many future incarnations, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks