What's new

Wonka (WS) and Spacehunter Pre-order??? (1 Viewer)

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
Has anyone found an online retailer that has these titles for pre-order? I've searched everywhere on the web and no luck finding anything. I also went to suncoast and they have no information on these two titles. I wonder if Warner is pulling our leg about a Wonka (ws) release. Hopefully this lack of information on Spacehunter means that Columbia is putting a 3-D option on Spacehunter.
------------------
Bill
My DVD Collection
[email protected]
My DVD, Home Theater page
[Edited last by Bill Crosthwait on September 18, 2001 at 06:32 AM]

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
A lot of us have been wondering about WONKA. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. If WB is lying about it, then I can see major boycotts on the horizon.

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
Geez, how could you miss the one online retailer that advertises here? Laser's Edge has Wonka for pre-order.
rolleyes.gif
And by the way, so does DV-Depot.
[Edited last by Gunnar Syren on September 18, 2001 at 03:25 PM]

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Ok, so those two small companies have it up for preorder. What about the majors, though? Why are they holding back. Something is amiss, my friends. It reeks to high heavens.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
As far as I know, there is a petition to get WB to release Wonka in widesreen and unioned effort to NOT buy Wonka until it is in widescreen. Hey, I like the movie and I'll wait to buy it in widescreen, but come-on, it's only Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... not Indianna Jones or Star Wars.
But, that is my oppinion... for what it's worth.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Hey, I like the movie and I'll wait to buy it in widescreen, but come-on, it's only Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... not Indianna Jones or Star Wars.
With all due respect, I can't stand this attitude. If someone likes Willy Wonka more than Star Wars (as I happen to, and not by a small margin), then his opinion is less valid than yours? Why does he have less of a right to see his favorite movie presented properly than you do?
ALL movies should be presented in their proper aspect ratio…everything from Pokémon to Citezen Kane.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
As far as I know, there is a petition to get WB to release Wonka in widesreen and unioned effort to NOT buy Wonka until it is in widescreen.
Brad, welcome to the forum. It's obvious you are new in these parts because most folks here know all about the petition. It was THE major topic of conversation several weeks ago when the bomb was dropped about Warner forsaking the widescreen version on the SE released in August.
In fact, this forum and others like it were the major driving force in supporting the petition and changing Warner's mind about a widescreen version.
The issue now is that, while Warner has said they will be releasing a widescreen SE DVD on November 13, not many retailers have listed it yet, which seems a little odd.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Just for everyone's peace of mind...
DVDEmpire has just added Wonka (widescreen) to there database. 11-13-01 release date, as previously discussed.
Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks