What's new

2004 Is A Great Year For TV Shows On DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I just had to say this because right now i'm feeling it. With so much cool stuff coming out and i'm sure much more this is truly going to be a great year i think. Post your love on how you feel for the upcoming year.

Look at all the stuff that's coming

Seinfeld

NewsRadio

The Flintstones

The Jetsons

In Living Colour

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Roswell

Green Acres

Lost in Space

Out of Order

Punk'd

Dinotopia

Jeremiah

The Critic

Dilbert

Gilligan's Island

Eerie Indiana

Toxic Crusaders

Keen Eddie

Star Trek: Voyager

The O.C.

Nip/Tuck

7th Heaven

With Many other either talked about or rumored.

If i missed any. Please post it. I want this to be a thread to talk about the joy for the upcoming year!!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Kung Fu
Dukes of Hazzard
Gilmore Girls*
Starsky & Hutch*
What's Happening!!
Monk
Northern Exposure*
Quantum Leap*
Cops
Resurrection Blvd.
C.S.I. Miami
Touched By An Angel*
Hogan's Heroes*
Happy Days*
Mork & Mindy*
Taxi*
Bosom Buddies*
Mission: Impossible*
Mister Ed
All My Children*
General Hospital*
H.R. Pufnstuf
G.I. Joe
Transformers: Armada
Land of the Lost
Jem*
The Richard Pryor Show
Providence
Kids In The Hall
Freaks & Geeks
SCTV
Invader Zim
Degrassi Jr. High
Here's Lucy!

...and probably a few others I've forgotten...

(NOTE: * = "almost certainly, and all evidence points to 'yes', but if you put a gun to my head and told me to guarantee they would be out in 2004, I couldn't do it")

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Holy Moly! Thanks Dave. I can't believe I missed all those. Look how may there are. 2004 really is going to be an incredible year.

JohnAP

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: I don't think I've ever looked forward to a tv release as much as the freaks and geeks set that's coming out. Add to that the fact that pretty much all Joss Whedon's series (excluding the current Angel season) will probably be available in full by the end of the year and I'm going to be one happy kid.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If Starsky does come out, is there any indication that it'll be in a season box? (Since nobody wants this to become a wish list thread, I'll refrain from saying I hope we see CHiPs and Hawaii 5-0 next year. ;))

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The entire placement of Starsky & Hutch on that list is based on my perception that Columbia has to date released "Season 1" sets of television shows that have been updated to a film. The placement of the asterisk there is in recognition that there are only two on that list so far: Charlie's Angels & S.W.A.T.! But I do firmly believe we'll see SOME release on DVD of Starsky & Hutch...whether it be a Season 1 release or a Best Of release. It affords no other opportunity to tie into a marketing plan, so it makes no sense to let the timeframe pass by without a release.

Obviously Universal took the same approach with Hulk, Galactica (albeit a miniseries remake), and even X-Men to a degree. Even Baretta was a sort of tie-in, though more to the publicity surrounding Robert Blake's legal troubles. :)

But yeah, I'm reasonably sure we'll get S&H next year. What form it would take would require me to speculate upon speculation! :wink:

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
If Starsky does come out, is there any indication that it'll be in a season box? (Since nobody wants this to become a wish list thread, I'll refrain from saying I hope we see CHiPs and Hawaii 5-0 next year. )
lol...C.H.i.P.S.. I've been watching that show lately. It airs late night where I live and even though its pure 1980's cheeze, I have to admit that it has me hooked. Dunno if I would buy it on DVD. But I would certainly consider it.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
Still no Magnum P.I. Am I the only person that wants this. I find it hard to believe that one of the most successfull shows of the 80's isn't out yet, but some of the other stuff is. Everyone has thier own taste, but man can't understand why some of that stuff warrants a release on DVD but Magnum doesn't.

Brandon

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
this is so depressing - two of my favorite shows are owned by the same schmuchs who have no home video deal with anyone-
That 70s show
third rock from the sun

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Brandon_T, No, you are not the only one that wants Magnum P.I. on DVD.

I want also these to be released;
Dallas (rumour)
Falcon crest
Automan
Manimal
Knightrider (rumour)

and some other

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
Me and my friends were reminiscing about some of our favorite past TV shows that we've enjoyed as kids. There was one show on everybody's list: The Greatest American Hero. I would definitely buy this one on DVD.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
another hell yeah for Automan...

and the FOX short run wonders...

Andy Richter (still has five unaired episodes)
Greg the Bunny (two unaired eps + an unaired pilot)
That 80s Show (don't care what you say.. I liked it.. and I was heavily involved with a "Katie"-type in college..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks