Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

2004 Is A Great Year For TV Shows On DVD!!!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 of 84 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 05:05 AM

I just had to say this because right now i'm feeling it. With so much cool stuff coming out and i'm sure much more this is truly going to be a great year i think. Post your love on how you feel for the upcoming year. Look at all the stuff that's coming Seinfeld NewsRadio The Flintstones The Jetsons In Living Colour Curb Your Enthusiasm Roswell Green Acres Lost in Space Out of Order Punk'd Dinotopia Jeremiah The Critic Dilbert Gilligan's Island Eerie Indiana Toxic Crusaders Keen Eddie Star Trek: Voyager The O.C. Nip/Tuck 7th Heaven With Many other either talked about or rumored. If i missed any. Please post it. I want this to be a thread to talk about the joy for the upcoming year!!

#2 of 84 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 06:08 AM

Kung Fu Dukes of Hazzard Gilmore Girls* Starsky & Hutch* What's Happening!! Monk Northern Exposure* Quantum Leap* Cops Resurrection Blvd. C.S.I. Miami Touched By An Angel* Hogan's Heroes* Happy Days* Mork & Mindy* Taxi* Bosom Buddies* Mission: Impossible* Mister Ed All My Children* General Hospital* H.R. Pufnstuf G.I. Joe Transformers: Armada Land of the Lost Jem* The Richard Pryor Show Providence Kids In The Hall Freaks & Geeks SCTV Invader Zim Degrassi Jr. High Here's Lucy! ...and probably a few others I've forgotten... (NOTE: * = "almost certainly, and all evidence points to 'yes', but if you put a gun to my head and told me to guarantee they would be out in 2004, I couldn't do it")
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 84 OFFLINE   Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor

• 604 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 06:52 AM

Holy Moly! Thanks Dave. I can't believe I missed all those. Look how may there are. 2004 really is going to be an incredible year.

#4 of 84 OFFLINE   Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit

• 472 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 07:10 AM

Star Trek TOS Boxed sets!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
"We make it hard...the easy way."

Funniest line I have ever read in DVD a review: "'The Simple Life' stars rich, spoiled friends Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie as two rich, spoiled friends who are taken out of their posh Los Angeles lifestyle and deposited in a small town in Arkansas..."

#5 of 84 OFFLINE   JohnAP

JohnAP

Second Unit

• 264 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 07:56 AM

Posted Image I don't think I've ever looked forward to a tv release as much as the freaks and geeks set that's coming out. Add to that the fact that pretty much all Joss Whedon's series (excluding the current Angel season) will probably be available in full by the end of the year and I'm going to be one happy kid.

#6 of 84 OFFLINE   George See

George See

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 08:35 AM

Still no party of five Posted Image

#7 of 84 OFFLINE   Shane_Anthony

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 08:45 AM

Freaks & Geaks & Starsky & Hutch??

Huggy Bear is very happy!Posted Image

#8 of 84 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,116 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted November 29 2003 - 09:15 AM

If Starsky does come out, is there any indication that it'll be in a season box? (Since nobody wants this to become a wish list thread, I'll refrain from saying I hope we see CHiPs and Hawaii 5-0 next year. Posted Image)

#9 of 84 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:09 AM

The entire placement of Starsky & Hutch on that list is based on my perception that Columbia has to date released "Season 1" sets of television shows that have been updated to a film. The placement of the asterisk there is in recognition that there are only two on that list so far: Charlie's Angels & S.W.A.T.! But I do firmly believe we'll see SOME release on DVD of Starsky & Hutch...whether it be a Season 1 release or a Best Of release. It affords no other opportunity to tie into a marketing plan, so it makes no sense to let the timeframe pass by without a release.

Obviously Universal took the same approach with Hulk, Galactica (albeit a miniseries remake), and even X-Men to a degree. Even Baretta was a sort of tie-in, though more to the publicity surrounding Robert Blake's legal troubles. Posted Image

But yeah, I'm reasonably sure we'll get S&H next year. What form it would take would require me to speculate upon speculation! :wink:
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#10 of 84 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:11 AM

[quote] If Starsky does come out, is there any indication that it'll be in a season box? (Since nobody wants this to become a wish list thread, I'll refrain from saying I hope we see CHiPs and Hawaii 5-0 next year. ) [quote]

lol...C.H.i.P.S.. I've been watching that show lately. It airs late night where I live and even though its pure 1980's cheeze, I have to admit that it has me hooked. Dunno if I would buy it on DVD. But I would certainly consider it.

#11 of 84 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:12 AM

David, and that same logic is why Quantum Leap will become a reality in 2004. Posted Image

#12 of 84 OFFLINE   Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence

Producer

• 3,634 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:20 AM

I'm hoping for Carnivale on dvd.

#13 of 84 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:40 AM

Dane: yes.

Brian: I think you'll see it.

Joey: I'd buy CHiPs in a heartbeat! Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#14 of 84 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:50 AM

[quote] Joey: I'd buy CHiPs in a heartbeat! [quote]
Judging by the sheer number of titles and varieties of shows in your collection, I'm not entirely sure what you WOULDN'T buy in a heartbeat.

That said, I want CHiPs too!

#15 of 84 OFFLINE   Brandon_T

Brandon_T

Screenwriter

• 1,900 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 10:53 AM

Still no Magnum P.I. Am I the only person that wants this. I find it hard to believe that one of the most successfull shows of the 80's isn't out yet, but some of the other stuff is. Everyone has thier own taste, but man can't understand why some of that stuff warrants a release on DVD but Magnum doesn't. Brandon

#16 of 84 OFFLINE   Joe Caps

Joe Caps

Screenwriter

• 1,947 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 12:34 PM

this is so depressing - two of my favorite shows are owned by the same schmuchs who have no home video deal with anyone- That 70s show third rock from the sun

#17 of 84 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 15,192 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted November 29 2003 - 01:04 PM

I have strong word from the inside to expect Everwood late-summer 2004.

#18 of 84 OFFLINE   Mattias_ka

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor

• 567 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 01:12 PM

Brandon_T, No, you are not the only one that wants Magnum P.I. on DVD.

I want also these to be released;
Dallas (rumour)
Falcon crest
Automan
Manimal
Knightrider (rumour)

and some other

#19 of 84 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 01:18 PM

Me and my friends were reminiscing about some of our favorite past TV shows that we've enjoyed as kids. There was one show on everybody's list: The Greatest American Hero. I would definitely buy this one on DVD.

#20 of 84 OFFLINE   Rick P

Rick P

Supporting Actor

• 691 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 01:20 PM

another hell yeah for Automan... and the FOX short run wonders... Andy Richter (still has five unaired episodes) Greg the Bunny (two unaired eps + an unaired pilot) That 80s Show (don't care what you say.. I liked it.. and I was heavily involved with a "Katie"-type in college..)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users