Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Pioneer SD643 HD5, Pull the trigger?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Brook K

Brook K

Lead Actor

• 9,468 posts

Posted November 28 2003 - 11:55 AM

Costco has this set for $2000. I know it will supply excellent DVD playback, my primary use, but doesn't have the forward compatibility features of newer sets. I'm also somewhat reluctant to buy an immobile 200pd behemoth but DLP is beyond my price point and my room isn't suited to FP at all.

I'm probably at 90% DVD, 10% TV (my wife watches Friends and Trading Spaces, I only watch sports and poker), so I'm really looking for the best DVD playback possible, though I may start watching more hi-def sports...
2002 Sight & Sound Challenge: 321  Last Watched: L'enfance Nue
Last 8 Films Watched: In the Loop - A- / It Might Get Loud - B+ / What Just Happened? - B / Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - C- / Drums Along the Mohawk - A- / Punisher War Zone - B+ / Moon - C+ / A Man For All Seasons - B+

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   James R. Geib

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator

• 105 posts

Posted November 28 2003 - 03:06 PM

Pull it! Pull it!

You will be happy going the Pioneer route, and the now infamous streaking problem is not a problem in the non-Elite line. Get it while you can!
There is no cure for hometheaterholism, but a healthy dose of screen size can temporarily treat the symptoms.