Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Siruis Question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Diego Johnson

Diego Johnson

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 08:34 AM

I got the Audiovox unit from the Friends and family program and I'm having issues. I want to use this system to listen to music at work. The person a cube over from me uses XM and is always raving about satellite radio. My issue - no matter what I do, I can't seem to get a signal in my building. My buddy can get signal with XM, but I can't get one with Sirius. Any suggestions? Do they make some sort of signal booster? Thanks.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,793 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted November 25 2003 - 08:52 AM

If you don't have a repeater in your area, you will have trouble getting a signal in a building like that. Sirius will more than double their repeater coverage by next year, so that is a plus. The only thing you can do is to use the antenna aiming guide. Or you can stream the streams for free over the internet.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Diego Johnson

Diego Johnson

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer for me. I'm really excited about the system. It also irritates me that the XM guy can get signal. The only problem I have with trying to do the Internet streaming, is that our network at work won't allow it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users