Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Siruis Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Diego Johnson

Diego Johnson

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 08:34 AM

I got the Audiovox unit from the Friends and family program and I'm having issues. I want to use this system to listen to music at work. The person a cube over from me uses XM and is always raving about satellite radio.

My issue - no matter what I do, I can't seem to get a signal in my building. My buddy can get signal with XM, but I can't get one with Sirius. Any suggestions? Do they make some sort of signal booster?

Thanks.

#2 of 3 Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted November 25 2003 - 08:52 AM

If you don't have a repeater in your area, you will have trouble getting a signal in a building like that. Sirius will more than double their repeater coverage by next year, so that is a plus. The only thing you can do is to use the antenna aiming guide. Or you can stream the streams for free over the internet.

#3 of 3 Diego Johnson

Diego Johnson

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 10:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. That's a bummer for me. I'm really excited about the system. It also irritates me that the XM guy can get signal. The only problem I have with trying to do the Internet streaming, is that our network at work won't allow it.