Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mad About You-Season 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Tony Richards

Tony Richards

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 02:09 AM

Ok....I'm ready for Mad About You Season 3! It's been a while now since the release of Season Two and this is one of my wife's favorite shows (which helps with the DVD budget). Anyone know the holdup?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 02:48 AM

There was a 6-month gap between S1 and S2 releases:

The 1st Season 10/22/2002
The 2nd Season 4/22/2003

Based on that, everyone was hoping to see S3 this past October. That obviously didn't happen. By now I can tell you that it definately is not planned through the end of February 2004.

Perhaps Columbia has switched to a 1-year cycle (or so; they don't always keep to a "schedule" of a certain number of months). Stretching it out might have become necessary, since they have a finite number of DVD-creating resources that now must produce many more TV-on-DVD packages than a year ago: Charlie's Angels, S.W.A.T., Good Times, Soap, What's Happening!!, Forever Knight, Married...with Children, The King of Queens, NewsRadio, and I'm sure I've forgotten some. The production of these must be added to previously started series like MaY, All In The Family, The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, etc.

Not to mention 1-offs like The Critic, Dilbert, The Tick, Jim Henson's Storyteller, My Big Fat Greek Life, etc. And all the various Best-Of releases like Designing Women, Steve Harvey Show, and Greatest 70's Cop Shows. And all that kid-vid programming, too (theres a LOT of that).

I wouldn't grow concerned about MaY-S3 unless we fail to see to see it announced by the end of January-February for an April or May release. I suspect that's the rough timetable for S3 right now.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   AllanN

AllanN

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 03:50 AM

Bummer Posted Image
“Aquaba is over there, it’s only a matter of going.” –Lawrence "I am not now, nor have I ever been a psychologist" -Mumford
"...you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't, who falls our of a chopper or why. It ain't up to you. Its just war." -Hoot
"Fear is the path to the dark...

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 04:50 AM

Quote:
Bummer Posted Image

Why?
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Kevin_M_M

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator

• 102 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 05:12 AM

could a delay be due to sales? did it sell ok?
They mostly come at night. Mostly... - Newt
DVD Collection

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   AllanN

AllanN

Supporting Actor

• 952 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 06:55 AM

Quote:
Why?

I think you answered your own quesion in your first post:

Quote:
By now I can tell you that it definately is not planned through the end of February 2004.

Im just bummed out that I will not see a Mad About You Season 3 any time soon. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
“Aquaba is over there, it’s only a matter of going.” –Lawrence "I am not now, nor have I ever been a psychologist" -Mumford
"...you can't control who gets hit or who doesn't, who falls our of a chopper or why. It ain't up to you. Its just war." -Hoot
"Fear is the path to the dark...

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Tony Richards

Tony Richards

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for the reponses, everyone. I would have thought Mad About You would have sold better than All In The Family and others? Nothing against those shows, just an observation.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 08:44 AM

AllanN, I was (still am) confused that you expressed disappointment about "no release through Feb", when in the same post I pointed out that such a situation is exactly what I expected, and that within 90 days I fully expect a S3 announcement to be made. You can wait THAT long, can't ya? Posted Image

Tony, I think that all of these are selling well enough for Columbia. As I said, they are spreading their resources around more and more. Noone wants to hire more people in the current economy, if at all possible, and I'm sure Sony/Columbia is no different. In fact, Sony just announced more layoffs for other parts of their conglomerate. I doubt that affects the home video dept., other than a reluctance (that's been there for a while in any case) to hire more help. That's the way it is with most big businesses right now.

So it doesn't surprise me that it takes longer to get these releases out. I don't like it any more than you guys do. Perhaps I'm just more resigned to it, since I'm dealing with the subject CONSTANTLY. Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Tony Richards

Tony Richards

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted November 25 2003 - 09:10 AM

Thanks Dave for all the info!

Forum Nav Content I Follow