-

Photo
DVD Reviews

HTF Review: Escape From New York - Special Edition (Highly Recommended!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
82 replies to this topic

#81 of 83 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
This is (for those of you who collect film soundtracks) very similar to the differences between the newer Sliva soundtrack of EFNY, and the older Varese Sarabande CD.
Oh man, I hate that new "extended Original Soundtrack" I mean if it seriously deviateds from what was actually heard in the film...it isn't the original soundtrack!! Howarth should have called it an Alternate Soundtrack and been done with it, mind you I did like some of the extra bits & pieces but that doesn't excuse the serious alterations he made to the timing, rhythm, and actual takes Carpenter used in the original soundtrack. It isn't "Original" it is "Alternate" and will ever be so in my eyes....or..ears, the Original LP/CD is the true Original Soundtrack as it sounds like what was actually heard in the film!!!

...sorry...I was very disappointed in Howarth when he put that Silva CD out in 2000 because it does sound very good sonically & if he had just taken the time to edit it properly with the same takes that were originally used it could have been truly special.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#82 of 83 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 02:06 PM

Aw hell, why was this put in the archives so early? I wanted to discuss this further...damn, it'll never be seen now.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert

#83 of 83 OFFLINE   Tim Barnes

Tim Barnes

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 22 2004 - 02:42 PM

Ahh!!!,but it was seen!!!Posted Image