• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Jodee

Jodee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 04:29 AM

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help here.

It's been 11 years since finishing my undergrad degree, and I am applying to graduate school. I need to submit some academic writing samples from my old research papers. I have all my papers saved on Mac discs from the early 90s. They are double-sided double-density discs.

I do not have a Mac anymore, only a PC (Windows XP). Is there any way I can convert these files to PC and more importantly, open these discs on a PC?

When I insert them I get the message that the discs are not formatted. They ask me to format them but I said no to keep my data intact.

Is there a software program or anything I can buy that would help me recover these files?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

#2 of 5 Randy_T

Randy_T

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 09:34 AM

Try HERE

Randy T

#3 of 5 Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 10:40 AM

MacOpener works well.

#4 of 5 Jodee

Jodee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the tips, guys, but unfortunately neither of those programs works with double-sided, double-density disks, only HD disks. Posted Image

I don't know what I'm going to do, aside from buy an old Mac on eBay. Apparently most new Macs don't even support floppies, much less the DD disks.

Frustrating.Posted Image

#5 of 5 Randy_T

Randy_T

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 02:26 PM

If you have a college close to you, talk to the computer science personal. They just may have an older mac sitting around that you could use. People also donate computers to non-profits. Check at schools,daycare centers,libraries, & churches.

Randy T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users