Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Altman's Short Cuts available in Germany - but dubbed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

• 533 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 06:44 PM

A DVD of Altman's Short Cuts is available in Germany and can be obtained from Amazon.de via the following link:

http://www.amazon.de....428174-5331748

However, the product details show that the dialogue is apparently a German dubbing. Can anyone confirm this?
Bruce Morrison

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 01:53 AM

I don't know about the German DVD but I have the Spanish DVD which is in English.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 04:26 AM

...according to the dvd-mann site the disc does indeed sport only a German-dubbed soundtrack, no English... but then, of course you know that the *a*v*e*r*a*g*e* German moviegoer would have to be forced at gunpoint to watch a movie in the original language - be that English, French, Japanese, whatever...

. . . Posted Image . . .

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Bruce Morrison

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

• 533 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 04:28 AM

Jeff,

Can you tell me where I could obtain the Spanish DVD?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bruce
Bruce Morrison

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted November 30 2003 - 07:54 AM

...I'm not Jeff, but here goes...

. . . Posted Image . . .

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Werner Heimmer

Werner Heimmer

Agent

• 43 posts

Posted December 02 2003 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

DVDGo also sell the Spanish DVD.

It's on sale at the moment too.

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Tanja

Tanja

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted January 02 2004 - 11:32 PM

@hendrik: wow so i guess the americans are the first when it comes to prejudices hah? LOL

and i guess you wrote this because you know all average germans, all who never watch movies in a foreign language?

congratulations. great post Posted Image Posted Image

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 08:26 AM

"...the *a*v*e*r*a*g*e* German moviegoer..."

Tanja: read my lips: ich sagte der *d*u*r*c*h*s*c*h*n*i*t*t*l*i*c*h*e* deutsche Kinobesucher... und bleibe dabei (aus persoenlicher Erfahrung, jawohl!)...

uebrigens: dasselbe gilt fuer den *d*u*r*c*h*s*c*h*n*i*t*t*l*i*c*h*e*n* franzoesischen (aus persoenlicher Erfahrung, jawohl!), italienischen (wieder aus persoenlicher Erfahrung, jawohl!) und - moeglicherweise, da bin ich mir nicht sicher - spanischen Kinobesucher: sie alle wollen einen Film nur in der jeweiligen (eigenen) Landessprache sehen...

. . . Posted Image . . .

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Tanja

Tanja

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted January 05 2004 - 08:23 PM

und die amis nicht? Posted Image

und average habe ich nicht ueberlesen

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted January 06 2004 - 04:34 AM

und die amis nicht?

...well, with the exception of, perhaps, anime and, again perhaps, martial arts movies(*), by and large the answer is NO - "foreign" (i.e. non-American, of course - but also non-British, non Australian, non-New Zealand, and non-English-language Canadian) movies are (almost) always shown WITH SUBTITLES, except where an 'English-language version' is made BY THE ORIGINAL MAKERS OF THE MOVIE (for instance: the German movie "Anatomie"/"Anatomy" - even the original German DVD of that original German movie has an optional English soundtrack) ...

...note that the Dutch, 'Flemish'-speaking Belgians, Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Finns do NOT dub movies - with the exception, of course, of children's feature cartoons (e.g. "The Lion King")...

(*)...of course, real, 'serious' fans of such movies will always want to watch the original version, not a dubbed one...

. . . Posted Image . . .