Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Busted Galactica DVD - By the Lords of Kobol, No...!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 612 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 12:50 PM

Frak! Well, I got to the last disc in the Battlestar Galactica television series, popped it in, and my player said "Can not play this disc." I tried it two more times before giving the disc a look, and guess what? There was a huge crack running radially from the center hub outwards on one side of the disc. I'm pretty sure I must have broke the disc getting it off the hub.

Needless to say, I'm bummed but I also don't want to have to return the entire frickin' Cylon head to the online retailer just to get one disc replaced. Does anyone know if Universal has a disc replacement policy and how to contact them if they do?
My DVDs

#2 of 3 Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,267 posts

Posted November 23 2003 - 02:10 PM

Yep that Digipak is a disk mutilator that forces you to pry and bend the disks to get them out. Oh How I hat Digipaks. If all my Disks survive my viewing they are going into a nice 6 disk keepcase with Ric's Artwork.
My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#3 of 3 Matt_Marlow

Matt_Marlow

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted November 24 2003 - 12:59 PM

I had that happen to one of my X-files discs and had to return the whole set. Luckily I had purchased it locally, though. You'd think studios who release Digipaks would have some type of system set up to allow you to replace a single disc, since I doubt that cracked discs are uncommon with those types of cases.

I had a hard time getting Galactica DVDs out too, but since taking them off the hubs a few times it's gotten easier.