Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Is Sonance any good?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   MichaelBarletta

MichaelBarletta

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 09:54 AM

I'm running the Sonance 622T in walls for my front L&R and rear surrounds (at 90*). I'm also using their "MC" center (IMO it's killer). They are driven by a Yamaha HTR 5660. Since none of my family or friends own H/T, I have nothing to compare my system to. I wired the room with Monster speaker cable before I sheetrocked, and on advice from Sonance, I put in R13 insulation, glued 5/8" sheetrock to the 2X4's and then used extra 2" drywall screws to reduce resonance.
I'm waiting on my PB1-ISD to arrive! That should really "complete" the system. But for now I am using the DLS "tiny mighty" from Parts Express. All of my friends and family cannot believe the system when I demo stuff like THX trailers, "The Eagles Hell Freezes Over" in DTS and some good movie chapters (suggested here). Anyone else run speakers from the Sonance line? www.sonance.com Thanks, Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users