Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Green Spots on my TV?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   JamesDrake

JamesDrake

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 02:56 AM

I have a Sharp 32 inch Television that is now 2 yrs old. In recent weeks , I've been getting a couple of large yellow-green spots on the right upper hand corner of the scren. I don't have any speakers or other devices near it that may cause this. It happens when I use the DVD as well as normal programming. I have a 3 year extended service plan on top of the regular warranty. What other info do you need to make a prognosis? Thanks, James

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   JamesDrake

JamesDrake

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 04:13 AM

Thanks for the tip. I don't remember the model but it is not an LCD or flat screen it is just I guess what you'd call a CRT. Would that make a difference?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 10:09 AM

CRTs are susceptible to magnetic interference.

Sometimes you can get rid of a minor problem by unplugging the set for a day or two.

If this does not work, try degaussing.
¡Time is not my master!

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted November 21 2003 - 02:20 PM

i bought a deguassing ring.....but the directions are not really clear. do you use it with the tv off or on? and how far from the tv do you use it?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Massimo N

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted November 22 2003 - 01:42 AM

You might want to check your contract setting. On some TVs, the contrast is so overdriven, it causes the shadow mask to warp Posted Image My 27" Panasonic (I think it's a panablack) was like this. The correct contrast setting on this set was actually lower than the user controls.

You probably still need to degause your screen, but it wouldn't hurt to calibrate your set (even if it's only adjusting the contrast down).

Cheers!
Mass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users