What's new

Advanced Anime Discussion Part VI (1 Viewer)

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Why Part VI? Part V had life in it- just look at the 65 page Alien Quadology thread? Oh well- 1st post over here!!

Continuation from Part V...
I pour the seasoning packet on the uncooked noodles and eat it.
Wow Domer Pyle, that's rather sickening.
Actually Rob it's quite good. You gotta take the uncooked noodles and break them into little pieces(usually by punching the hell out of the ramen while it's still in the bag), then you open one side(like a bag of chips), pour in the seasoning and mix it all together(closing the open end and shaking the bag, works the best). Also with cooked ramen try beating an egg and putting in the ramen as it cooks...yum...

But anime wise, I found the FLCL BOX SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Three months I looked for this thing in every store(around me and online). Well today I was driving around and got lost. So I tried to re-orient myself, and went into the parking lot of this shopping center. I was sitting in my car, wondering where the hell I was, then I saw this GameStop. I realized that the McFarlane Matrix figures were out so I decided to go in and see if they had any. I go in, and what do I see? No figures-AT ALL. So as I'm about to leave, then the anime DVD's catch my eye. I stroll over, just to see what they have, then BAM!!! The FLCL Box was staring me in the face!! So I grab it, make the purchase and run to my car. That definately made my day and I can't stop staring at the box! It's just really cool to have all the characters in complete chaos with random guns as the cover art. So that's my day/haul- how was all yours?

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Rob:

Takoyaki is a pretty good 'advanced' snack. Obviously in Japan you'd get them grilled, but you can buy the frozen varieties, and microwave them or grill them. I'm not sure what the sauce is, but I usually eat mine without. They also go well in improvised noodle soup (a recipe of mine that gets fairly close to real ramen without actually being real ramen :)). Another one is edamame, which are soybeans, and you can also get these frozen and microwave them, IIRC.

I'm going to make another run to Uwajimaya/Kinokuniya on Saturday. I'm running out of Ramune and Pocky, so I've got to fill up :).

John.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Only Japanese snack thing I've had is Pocky. Never had ramen or anything else like that... :frowning:

So that's my day/haul- how was all yours?
Boring, repetitive, not talking to people about anime, the same as yesterday, and the day before, and the day before, and the day before...

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
still silently lurking....pay no attention to me.

i did put milennium actress and last exile into my netflix queue (along with some other anime titles).

last exile looks promising...i may want to collect that series. which, along with lain, cowboy bebop, and boogiepop phantom...would bring my whopping series collection to four titles. :D

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Dang it, another day, another anime thread.... :D

Well, Rob I posted in the other one, then realized it was SINKING. So after swimming to this one, I will repeat what I said. (with little * bullets. I rule~ )

* NONG SHIM is brand name, like KRAFT or ORE-IDA. The engrish names for these are pretty generic, so just try them. Not all of them are spicy, but many are. Generally, I find NONG SHIM to be the better tasting brand for Ramen. You can also get the NON-cup noodle version and add stuff to the pot while its cooking. Left over meat, eggs, veggies, and of course, Kim Chee - the pickled cabbage dish...

Eric: Congrats on your find. Like Rob, I didn't need to worry since I preordered, but you have quite a find in your hands. Hope you have all your "booklets" too. ;)

Ted:
Holy Cow~!!! It's SuperTED! the Master of Testy Thread (well, Steve Christou should get that, along with Jack Briggs and Parker Clack but since you are the only one who posts on this thread (besides the everpresent tony-B) I figured you should ge the thumbs up) :emoji_thumbsup:

Eric Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Hope you have all your "booklets" too.
You mean the 20-page inserts that contain the production notes and the Young FLCL manga? If so, I have all three of them, but then again, they just came with the DVD- are they rare or something?

Woo: Are you Korean? I'm asking cause you seem to be a master Ramen chef(in that you throw whatever you have lying around in the pot), and you mentioned Kimchee, which mostly Koreans know about. Just wondering.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Comcast added Starz On-Demand here and there's anime on it. Hellsing and some other stuff.

I don't have Starz yet, but I might pick it up once their HD channel starts.

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Ted:

Wow, long time, no see :).

Woo:

Nong Shim is definitely one of the better 'ramen' companies. I think I'll have to pick up some more when I go tomorrow. BTW, CD Japan shipped my order today (JST). More Ayumi Hamasaki! More Do As Infinity! More R2 DVDs! Woo Hoo! :)

John.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
lol, yep, The (ask Zen Butler what that means...or see the testy thread) is still lurking. you guys may not know it, but i've been lurking for the past few iterations of AAD. i just can't keep up with you guys, but i like to hear what you have to say. it helps keep me current and helps me to decide what anime is worth checking out.

so, chatter on...and know what evil lurks around the corner.

:D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
You mean the 20-page inserts that contain the production notes and the Young FLCL manga? If so, I have all three of them, but then again, they just came with the DVD- are they rare or something?
Since FLCL because so popular, they have stopped printing them (so that they can make more DVDs... SP is a VERY small company).

So, if you have a booklet, you have a collector's item now ;)

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Eric Chang:

Yes.

I am Korean
Therefore, I rule~ :D

(damn, that is addicting- gotta stop ;) )

By the way, as my location suggests, I live in NYC ( currently in Manhattan) Where are you located??

* By the way thanks for the new idea for my sig.... :wink:

Yeah - the booklets are collector's item. After the show aired On Cartoon Network's Adult Swim (dubbed) twice, the demand just shot up and BAM! it was decided that booklets would be made available via the 'Net by Synchpoint.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
And those who bought it when it first came out kick ass, that's why we get collectible booklets *high five*

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks