What's new

Just one JBL N24... (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I have a surround setup using a Kenwood VR-6060 as my reciever. I have a pair of JBL N28s as my front mains, a N-Center and a pair of N24s as my surrounds. My reciever supports a rear surround channel and I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas one where I could purchase just one N24 to use as the rear surround. I've tried using an old N-Center as the rear surround and it sounded like garbage; way too high. So I'm set on finding another N24 as the rear surround. I'd appreciate all feedback. Thanks everyone.

Jim

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Iv'e got to believe someone else is in your same position and could use one as well. I bet if you bought a pair you could sell the other fairly easy.

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Alternatively, they're pretty cheap, so you could just keep the extra around as a spare.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
yea .. maybe you'll go 7.1 in the future sometime. Harmandirect I think sells them on Ebay sometimes. This seems like an ok deal. I thought I even saw a single one somewhere a while back. Can't remember where though now.

JohnTKline

Stunt Coordinator
James, check ebay, you might find a single. But you could just buy a pair and use it for 7.1 if your reciever supports it.
I have an n24 with a broken bracket, so I almost bought a single n24 but it went for about 25.00+shipping, and the bracket through harmonkarden was 21.00 shipped...

John

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
directly behind the listening area, as shown in Figure 2.

The ideal is to have identical speakers for all the surround channels. They should at least be of the same brand and of similar design.

Figure 2: Conventional Dolby Digital vs. Dolby Digital EX playback in the home

Hope this helps,
Phil

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
Phil, no amp problems caused by the increase in impedance by wiring in series?

Not all amps will be able to handle this and is not recommended.

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
increase in impedance isn't a problem at all, it's decrease that causes damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks