Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Daredevil Director's Cut in April

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#1 of 124 OFFLINE   JonBoriss

JonBoriss

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 03:23 AM

Over on www.newsarama.com there was a press conference and Avi Arad was there and gave some news on upcoming Marvel projects. One thing he said was a Daredevil Directors Cut would be out in April. He also said

- a director’s cut of the Daredevil DVD will come out in April;

- a writer for Hulk 2 has been hired

- a television series based on the Hulk may happen

- X-Men 3 is slated for a 2006 release, as is Hulk 2, Captain America, Namor, Nick Fury, and Iron Fist

- Elektra, Ghost Rider, and Iron Man are targeted for 2005, with Iron Man being written by Smallville writers Miles Millar and Alfred Gough

Newsarama

#2 of 124 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 03:32 AM

also mentioned is that Spider Man 2 will do well
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#3 of 124 OFFLINE   RyanChristoffel

RyanChristoffel

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 03:54 AM

Wow, lots of good news. Namely that the Daredevil director's cut is actually coming, and that they're not abandoning Hulk because of it's poor box-office performance. Posted Image

#4 of 124 OFFLINE   Michael Martin

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

• 1,129 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 04:14 AM

Just saw this on Dark Horizons as well....great news. I was hoping for it by end of this year, but April 2004 is better than never!
"You know, God has some really weird kids, and I find it hard to be in their company most of the time."
--Paul "Bono" Hewson

#5 of 124 OFFLINE   Joey Gunz

Joey Gunz

Second Unit

• 299 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 05:01 AM

I'm glad I never got the Daredevil DVD when it first came out. I've heard rumors before it was released that a directors cut will be released one day.

I kind of chuckled when I read that Nick Fury was in the works. I remember that David Hasselhoff starred in his own version, called Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. . It was a TV movie made in 1998. I think I lasted all of 10 minutes before I turned it off. Posted Image

#6 of 124 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,989 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 05:12 AM

Why can't DC have a guy like Avi Arad working for them? I know the answer. It just angers me.

DC movies coming:
Batman (thankfully)
Catwoman (but, not the Catwoman from the comics) Posted Image

Marvel movies coming:
Spiderman 2
Hulk 2
X-Men 3
Fantastic 4
Elektra
Iron Man
etc, etc, etc.

Hmmm, maybe if we are lucky. We will get a Blue Devil movie from DC soon. Posted Image
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#7 of 124 OFFLINE   Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 05:39 AM

Hopefully the beautiful Jennifer Garner will reprise her role as Elektra. :b

#8 of 124 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 05:50 AM

Great news. I was getting worried since there hadn't been any new news for months.

Good news about the other movies too.

Sorry, DC people Posted Image
I feel for you.
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#9 of 124 OFFLINE   Ian_H

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

• 571 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 07:02 AM

Well at least Marvel is finally getting treated right in the movies these days. Dolph Lundgren' Punisher anyone? ::shudder:: --Ian

#10 of 124 OFFLINE   Justin W

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 07:32 AM

Glad to see no Daredevil bashing on this thread. I haven't seen X2 yet, but I think Daredevil is the greatest comic book movie out there. I bought the first DVD, but I'm not dissapointed because it's a fabulous DVD. The documentaries on the shoot and the comics are top of the class.

#11 of 124 OFFLINE   Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley

Second Unit

• 290 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 07:46 AM

i love the daredevil movie... glade i held of on buying the 2 disc set out now.. an will wait for this version.. maybe they will also have both verison on this sorta like they have with the T2 dvd... both version...

#12 of 124 OFFLINE   JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland

Screenwriter

• 2,059 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted November 19 2003 - 08:46 AM

Great news. The sooner the better, I can't wait to see this new cut, since I saw flashes of greatness in the theatrical cut, but it was "mainstreamed," destroying the essence of Daredevil.

#13 of 124 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,109 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted November 19 2003 - 08:57 AM

[quote] Great news. The sooner the better, I can't wait to see this new cut, since I saw flashes of greatness in the theatrical cut, but it was "mainstreamed," destroying the essence of Daredevil. [quote]
My understanding was that the director's cut restores mostly scenes that would have made it tough to get a PG-13 rating. The problems I had with the film getting the "essence" of Daredevil, so to speak, had little to do with sex or violence, so I doubt that it will make much difference.

My problems had to do with character stuff like making him basically a show-off (fighting in public out of costume to be flirtatious, shooting a basketball shot to show-up his partner, etc.) and a bad attorney who can't get a conviction or mount an effective cross examination even though he knows exactly when anyone on the stand is lying.

Ah well.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#14 of 124 OFFLINE   Nick Graham

Nick Graham

Screenwriter

• 1,409 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 09:03 AM

This is great news. A word of warning to some of you, Mark Steven Johnson has said the new cut is actually missing stuff from the theatrical cut , but it's all scenes that made it more "accessible" to the mainstream moviegoer, so no big loss. He said the directors cut is darker, with different pacing. I (and this is unusual) agreed with Ebert's take, that this was a good film just a few steps away from being great. I tend to think the directors cut will take it to that next level. Still, some purists, as well as completists, might be alarmed....I'm not, though.

#15 of 124 OFFLINE   Justin W

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator

• 156 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 09:11 AM

That's awesome that they cut out scenes that made it "accessible". It'd be cool if they fixed up those 3 bad CG devils that MSJ comments on in the commentary. And that shitty tobacco brown background. I'm excited for this now.

#16 of 124 OFFLINE   Eric Emma

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor

• 508 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 10:25 AM

Excellent news, I been holding out on buying DD for the DC of it. As for DC movies, it's a shame since IMO DC makes better comics than Marvel(That just my opinion since I read comics) It might interest some people though the guy who directed the short film Batman: Dead End might be directing SHAZAM! A.K.A. Captian Marvel...

#17 of 124 OFFLINE   EricW

EricW

Screenwriter

• 2,309 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 12:19 PM

i thought a Wolverine solo movie had already been announced, or was that just idle talk?
"now, if that's a fact, tell me... am i lying?"

#18 of 124 OFFLINE   Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter

Producer

• 4,528 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 12:23 PM

Excellent. I LOVED Daredevil and have put off buying the DVD because of the obvious cuts made for content.

#19 of 124 OFFLINE   Eric Emma

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor

• 508 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 01:08 PM

Right now the only thing officially planned is X3 schedule for 2006, but they are planning a Wolverine Solo movie, we shall see though.

#20 of 124 OFFLINE   Ruslan

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator

• 93 posts

Posted November 19 2003 - 01:56 PM

I really wish they could get some character cameos in all these Marvel movies - like having a glimpse of Affleck as Matt Murdock on TV during an X-Men movie, for instance. I know the rights are all with different companies, but surely they could arrange something...it would really give the Marvel movies the 'one world' feel of the Marvel comics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users