What's new

Project Greenlight 2 - any updates? (1 Viewer)

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Everyone,

I've been waiting for some sort of PGL2 announcement for months now - have there been any updates? On the website, it just says that DVD information will be announced "soon" and that's it.

I know that "The Battle of Shaker Heights" is supposed to be coming out in December, but I want to see the TV show / documentary about the making of it before I see the film. Does anyone know if there will be a simultaneous release of the full series + movie at the same time as the movie-only disc?

Come on Chris Moore, don't let us down!

Thanks,

Bob

Jodee

Screenwriter
Yes, I'm interested in hearing any news also. We made a trek to Cleveland to see the film (at the Shaker Heights Cinema!) and it was pretty disappointing. I will not buy just the single DVD.

However, if they released a nice TV show box set with the movie on one of the discs, I would definitely get that.

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I just read an update of sorts at E! Online... The full article is here:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,13004,00.html

But here's the relevant part about the DVD release:

"Shaker Heights the movie, by the way, hits DVD on December 9, while a season two DVD box, featuring the aforementioned Bennifer pop-in, is rumored to be in the works for next winter."

NEXT winter? What the heck? Why on earth are they dragging their feet with this release? I'm guessing that is has to do with the fact that HBO hasn't picked it up for the third season, though I would hope that they'd still release the discs even if there wasn't a direct benefit to them in advertising season 3.

I hope they take this extra time to put in a lot of bonus stuff with Chris Moore, as well as multiple cuts of the film. I haven't seen any of the episodes because we can't get HBO up here in Canada, but I heard there was a pretty radical re-cutting done at the eleventh hour. It would be great to take a look at both cuts.

Christmas 2004 :frowning: Rats!

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think I've ever anticipated a DVD release more than this! Project Greenlight series 1 was the most addictive television show I've ever seen.

When this comes out July 13, I'm inviting a bunch of people over and we're going to watch the entire season straight through! I don't suppose there's any chance it will be released early?

Bob

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think I've ever anticipated a DVD release more than this! Project Greenlight series 1 was the most addictive television show I've ever seen.

When this comes out July 13, I'm inviting a bunch of people over and we're going to watch the entire season straight through! I don't suppose there's any chance it will be released early?

Bob

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Movie was also better then you'd think.. I'm not sure when the new season starts on Bravo, but I'll tune in :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Movie was also better then you'd think.. I'm not sure when the new season starts on Bravo, but I'll tune in :)

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
This comes out Tuesday... I can't wait!

I haven't been able to find any reviews online (except for the ones on amazon.com) - are there any yet?

Bob

P.S. If you happen to know of a store in Toronto that tends to put discs out a day or two early, please send me a private message... I've been waiting to see this for almost a year now!

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Screeners were sent out. I doubt I'll have a review written before Tuesday, but I should have one at some point this week.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
Mine shipped on Friday from Amazon.ca.

Got a great deal too. Ordered it for $36.58 cdn before they upped the price to $62.97 soon after.

I am a little disapointed that there are very few special features for the series itself. Just a few deleted scenes. The film itself has a couple of features. The season one set was much better put together.

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...7&tab=5&back=1

Louis_P

Stunt Coordinator
I also got it for $36 before the change of price.Amazon.ca is the best place to order from! Lots of price errors when new pre-orders go up:D

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
When did they have it for that price?
I ordered it on May 27. It went to "unavailable to Order" very soon after I ordered it. Apparently the release date in Canada for this is Tuesday. I was lucky they never cancelled my order even after they put the price up to $25.19

Bob Movies

Stunt Coordinator
Rats, wish I had pre-ordered this... That sounds like a great deal! I've never pre-ordered a DVD before, and it looks like this is going to be nearly $100 in the stores. Darn it, I'll pay that too, just because I'm so hooked on this show.

I'll be buying it after work on Tuesday, though I'll probably stop by a few shops on Monday on the off chance they've got it out!

Bob

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Scratch that I just beat it (forgot Amazon does free shipping on orders over 25 bucks although it is quite slow). So here's Amazon's $27.99

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
(forgot Amazon does free shipping on orders over 25 bucks although it is quite slow).
Not always. Often, if I pre-order with the free shipping, it will ship and I'll have it within 2 days of the release. If you order an instock item it takes a few days to ship, but for pre-orders, if ordered early, they ship when available.

I've had UPS take a week to get to me from Amazon, but the free shipping is via Media Mail which is often faster. And delivers on Saturdays.

Although for PG2, I did the rush shipment since I can't wait to see it. LOVED the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks