-

Photo
- - - - -

Under bed storage solutions for DVD/CD's?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted November 18 2003 - 02:26 PM

Hey gang, I need some help. I am moving to DC next week, and I am moving in with 4 other guys in a townhouse. So all my CD's and DVD's I used to have in my living room now needs to go in my bedroom somehow.

I was thinking putting my bed on small cinderblocks to get some extra height, and buying some long tuperware containers to put my 400+ CD's and 200+ DVD's into. Anyone have a better idea? They really need to go under the bed somehow, as I won't have any spare floor space for a shelf or anything of that type. Thanks!

Note: Mods, please feel free to move this post, as I wasn't sure where to put it.
Youth would be an ideal state if it came much later in life.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy

Producer

• 3,764 posts

Posted November 18 2003 - 02:48 PM

Plastic containers are also a good idea should floodwaters cause your windows to break and fill your domicile with 5' of water. After the problem is solved your DVDs will be good as new. Be sure to throw in some silica packets for extra insurance.
"Did you know that more people are murdered at 92 degrees Fahrenheit than any other temperature? I read an article once. Lower temperatures, people are easy-going, over 92 and it's too hot to move, but just 92, people get irritable."

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   brentl

brentl

Screenwriter

• 2,918 posts

Posted November 20 2003 - 12:41 AM

Rubbermaid make under bed storage that won't have you mifting your bed to great heights.

If I remember correctly they are about 14"by30" and about 5" high. I would guess they would hold around 120-150 cds each!!

Brent
They are even on castors for added convenience.

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Ryan_C

Ryan_C

Second Unit

• 375 posts

Posted November 29 2003 - 01:40 PM

Brent,

I have seen those, and was planning to pick up a few unless someone here had a better idea.
Youth would be an ideal state if it came much later in life.