What's new

Video Essentials for $15.00 at www.dvdtalk.com (1 Viewer)

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to let people know that DVD Talk is offering Video Essentials for $15.00 plus free shipping. I guess it's a pretty limited offer. I had an e-mail about it this morning.
--
Mike

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Dumb question- what's different from the laserdisc version of this (besides it being on DVD of course)?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Opinion seems to be split between Avia and VE.
This is a really sweet deal though, i forked out like 80bucks (canadian) for it a couple years ago.
And Jesse I haven't used this disc in awhile but I seem to remember there were some references to the disc being a laserdisc...so i'd imagine it's the exact same disc.
------------------
Bring Degrassi out on DVD!!

Brian_J

Second Unit
Where exactly do you find it on their site?
Brian
------------------
Zed's Dead Baby...

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It's on the first page at http://www.dvdtalk.com $15 is a good price and I need a calibration disc (I've borrowed VE from a friend every time I've needed it... ). If a new version comes out soon, it will most likely cost a lot more than $15, so I wouldn't buy it anyway. :).
/Mike
[Edited last by MickeS on August 01, 2001 at 06:18 PM]

Patrick Mewes

Auditioning
Thank you for posting this!!! I have been putting off getting a calibration disc because I could always find 3 DVDs for the same amount of cash. Now if I can just figure out how to explain this one to my wife. Hmmm...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Full is not heavy as empty. Not nearly my love, not nearly."
--Fiona Apple

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
what's different from the laserdisc version of this
There were differences in the sound levels. No, scratch that, there were differences in the sound levels between the three different LaserDisc versions.
The original LD had an error in the surround levels. The second I believe was OK. There was also a Japanese pressing which had yet another small difference.
I had the Japanese pressing (note pressing, it was still a US release) and the LFE level is different to that on the DVD.
Then I got Avia and haven't used VE since.
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Okay,
I went ahead and purchased the Video Essentials DVD after reading the posts and I have a question...How dependable is dvdtalk.com?
I ordered the disc yesterday early afternoon and today I have yet to receive an e-mail confirmation or receipt. My printer was acting up and I wasn't able to save the online receipt.
Has anyone ordered from dvdtalk before? What's their reputation like?
Thanks in advance.
------------------
Bill the Cat

Will Ernst

Agent
Just to clarify, DVD Talk is a forum. You ordered from DVD International. They actually put out the VE disc, so I'm sure they're trust-worthy.
-will

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
I've been looking to borrow or rent VE for quite a while, because I have't been willing to shell out the $50 at this point. However, I went ahead and orded for $15.00. Seems like a great deal unless they are "B" stock. :) :)
P.S. I ordered late last night and haven't got an e-mail confirm either. Never dealt with them before, but for $15 I figure I'll take my chances

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
I've always put off buying this for one reason or another. This offer clinched it. I ordered it minutes ago with UPS Ground shipping. The receipt page states that sales taxes for my area had been added (15%) but no such tax was added to the total. Strange...anyone else experience this?
Thanks,
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

I ordered mine a few days ago, just wondering if anyone got thiers yet... I didn't get a reciept emailed to me and I have never ordered anything from them before so I'm a little nervious!
Thanks!
------------------
Jason Solack
My DVD Collection

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I haven't gotten a single thing yet. No email or even a charge on my card.
This is starting to smell very bad.

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator
My VISA was charged last friday but I haven´t heard a thing from them since. It would have been nice to at least get some sort of order confirmation or even better a shipping notification.
------------------
/Niklas
My Theater My Movies

Wil_J

Stunt Coordinator
Me too. My card was charged last Friday, but I haven't seen an order confirmation, or anything saying that everything is going well. I don't like this.......Wil
------------------
"The rose petal floats on water,
the kingfisher flashes above the pond.
Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

al'Lan Mandragoran,
*******The Wheel of Time

JohnFR

Stunt Coordinator
Check out this thread from the dvdtalk forum:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=131775
I cut the message in case the link doesn't work:
Over the weekend, I got the following email from DVD International:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friend,
Our 72 hour sale blew away our projections. In fact on two occasions the orders were coming in so fast that we overwhelmed our "commerce server". Several hundred orders somehow got passed it without having the credit card charged. Unfortunately, your order was one of them.
We've created this "hidden" page so that you can reorder Video Essentials at the $15.00 sale price - with free shipping.
We will leave this page up for a week or so. Sorry for the inconvenience. And remember... the order you placed WILL NOT BE SHIPPED! Your credit card number was NOT captured by our server.
DVD International
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this is pretty much self-explanitory. Check your email. If you got one of these, then your order did NOT go through, and will will need to follow the link they've provided you to go to their "hidden" order page.

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
Did they send an e-mail to everyone whose order didn't process properly? I ordered last week and haven't received any e-mail from them.
EDIT: I just checked my credit card online statement and DVD International has charged me for VE. So I guess they didn't loose my number. Its the easiest way to know if you're order will be coming.
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

[Edited last by Sebastian_M on August 06, 2001 at 06:12 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks