What's new

Merged Thread for all problem-related issues with TTT:EE ext. ed. (1 Viewer)

Sten F

Second Unit
I just got The Two Towers from DVDSoon. Does anyone have any suggestion how I best can remove the thin paper wrap that is glued onto the back side of the box?

I help in this matter would be appreciated.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I don't remember any paper wrap on my box.
I'm more concerned about how you guys removed the Gollum statue from the gift set. This damn piece is glued to the bottom of the box in a way so that you can't get it out without ripping the entire box apart.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Odd, my paper wrap wasn't attached to the box at all, just fell off when I took off the wrapper. If it's similar to the Indy box set though, it should be just some "snotty" substance that pulls off without any trouble. Couldn't think of another word, sorry :b

Sten F

Second Unit
Well, I got mine from DVDSoon, and it was glued onto the back side.

Took it off very carefully. The glue, however, along with some paper were left. Removed it with isopropanol (Windex). No scratches or residue left. Thank, God.

Olli Larimo

Auditioning
Is the box of the Canadian release identical to the New Line one? No ugly Universal or Alliance logos on the side of the box?

Sten F

Second Unit
Actually, the Canadian box release comes in two versions. One with French wordings on it and one without. The one without is completey the same as the US version. No logos of any kind, except the New Line, of course.

The only thing that tells you that this is the Candian version is the Atlantic Aliance logo on the discs itself, and English/French text inside the booklet. That´s it.

IMHO that´s nothing to make a big deal out of.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I know the box only comes with one Gollum. Does it say in the box how much it would be to purchase the other Gollum Statue?

To get the statue (of Smeagol actually) out of the box easily, just open the box from the bottom. It slides right out and you can then cut the zip ties and break apart the styrofoam base.

The other statue of Gollum is available as a limited edition for $79 via mail order.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
the "snotty" substance ...

is rubber cement

just carefully pull off the sheet on the back
if there is any residue left-simply, with clean hands, gently rub the stuff up and around, as it will collect into a ball that can be pulled off easily.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Actually, the Canadian box release comes in two versions. One with French wordings on it and one without. The one without is completey the same as the US version. No logos of any kind, except the New Line, of course.

The only thing that tells you that this is the Candian version is the Atlantic Aliance logo on the discs itself, and English/French text inside the booklet. That´s it.

IMHO that´s nothing to make a big deal out of.
Excellent. I'll be getting it later today. :)

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Take note that the proof of purchase needed for the $5 rebate is on that paper sheet, so don't throw it out if you intend to get the rebate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks