What's new

What are some good XBox Platnum titles? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I picked up a Hitman 2 from this series and was wondering about a few others.

Simpsons: Hit and Run
Silent Hill 2
Crash Bandicoot

Im playing Max Payne but getting sick of it. It seems to be nothing but a shoot em up with no tasks to do. Halo, Hitman and Medal of Honor actually have tasks to do other than kill thugs. I also saw a few Clancy games but not so sure I want to try due to the fact that Splinter Cell had me wanting to cry it was so frustrating.

Any recommondations other than the ones above?

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Project Gotham Racing and Rallysport Challenge are both fantastic values (even at release price) if you enjoy driving games. It's interesting you mention Splinter Cell as I noticed today it was just released as a Platinum title. Munch's Oddysee if you have any interest in a quirky but fun platformer. Dead or Alive 3 for pure eye candy if you like fighting games (actually a riot when played against a spouse). I recall another thread some time back asking the same question so you should try a search for more suggestions.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I dug Max Payne personally.
Silent Hill 2 was decent I thought. A bit slow at first but it picked up nicely. I still think the first game on the PSX was better though. It's kinda short too so you may want to take that into consideration.
Medal of Honor Frontline is pretty decent for $20.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Splinter Cell, Dead or Alive 3, & Medal of Honor are all AAA titles. Crash Bandicoot is pretty vanilla platformer. Nothing bad, but nothing to get even mildly excited about.

-Dave

(and like Jay mentioned, Gotham and Rallisport are excellent)

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Even as a Simpsons fan, I'd say stay away from Simpsons: Road Rage. It's a poor substitute for Crazy Taxi and not half as fun. Now Simpsons: Hit and Run, on the other hand, is supposed to be really good but it's not a Platinum title. Come to think of it, Crazy Taxi 3 was a big dissappointment too.

Some Platinum titles I've enjoyed:

Amped
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (if you're new to the series)
Splinter Cell (one of my favorite XBOX games)
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Rallisport Challenge

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Simpsons Roadrage was very diappointing to me, not even remotely fun for me.

Amped - My absolute favorite franchise. Difficult to master, but so much more satisfying once you do.

Splinter Cell - Sort of a modern classic, can be frustrating, but an outstanding game. I keep working away at it every now and then, plus downloadable levels.

Project Gotham & RalliSport Challenge - Both excellent driving games, both a great value.

Silent Hill 2 - I thought it was slow and boring during the first 30 minutes or so, which it was, but then it really got VERY interesting. I really really enjoyed it, but you have to commit a little time to get it going and then it has a cool storyline.

Munch's Odysee - I personally really enjoyed the game and thought it was creative and unique. I still haven't finished it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Thanks for the replies. I have had Medal of Honor Frontline since before it was Platinum.

So far Im leaning to
Silent Hill 2
MechAssault
Rallisport

Id like to try the Tony Hawk and Amped series.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Not sure if it is Platinum yet or not but Hunter and the new hunter sequel are very fun if you play with 2 or 3 friends. Think of it as an updated Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles arcade game where you and your buddies would put quarters in just to play together to fight the enemies.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
I'll throw my vote in for Silent Hill 2 and Mechassualt. However, the latter is OK IMHO as a single player game, but loads of fun in multiplayer, mainly if you have Live. As was said before, Silent Hill 2 starts off a little slow, but really gets going after a short period of time.

Amped is fantastic and was the first game I played on my Xbox (came free with my system). I still pulled it out occasionally until I got Amped 2 and discovered the wonders of online snowboarding. The first one, however, is a great value and a whole lot of fun.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
Amped and all of the Tony Hawk games get played the most on my XBOX.

A warning about Amped. It's not easy to learn. In fact, it was one of the first games I bought for the XBOX and after a few hundred bails I really disliked it. Then I went back to it about a month later, learned the controls and it became one of my favorites. Pretty rewarding game too, though I could never get past a World ranking of #7. And you might have nightmares about the dreaded hidden snowmen (Amped's equivalent of secret tapes).

There's a ton of games that are $19.99 or less but are not official platinum releases. Just stay away from Big Mutha Truckers, and State of Emergency.

And I thought Spider-Man was a good game but I never had the patience to come even close to finishing it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I just played a SSX3 demo and loved it! Is Amped anything like SSX or Sled Storm for Ps2?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Amped is alot more realistic. It's much harder to pull off tricks and they're nowhere near as over the top as SSX. Also, the trails are more realistic than in the SSX series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks