Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

New Warner Hammer Titles in 2004

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

#1 of 39 OFFLINE   Matt.Koz

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts
  • LocationHamilton, MA

Posted November 17 2003 - 09:18 AM

According to DVD Drive-In:

Quote:
Warner Home Video has confirmed to DVD Drive-In that next year will see the release of three Hammer horror classics from their vaults: DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE, FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED and TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA. And the fantastic news is that Warner told DVD Drive-In, 'We've confirmed that our DVD for TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA is the complete, 95-minute uncut version of the film" and that "we are pleased that fans will be happy with this release.' More details to follow in the coming months.

#2 of 39 OFFLINE   Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 17 2003 - 09:26 AM

Anchor Bay will also be releasing re-packaged double-sets of their previous Hammer releases before their licence runs out.
For details on which ones are paired with which, see the comprehensive guide to all Hammer films releases at www.zetaminor.com - an excellent resource.
I've been going to bed early . . .

#3 of 39 OFFLINE   Bill McA

Bill McA

Producer

• 5,969 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 05:28 PM

What happened to Dracula: A.D. 1972??

#4 of 39 OFFLINE   Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 17 2003 - 09:31 PM

CORRECTION !!

The Hammer double-sets will be available from November 25th THIS year. See www.dvdfile.com for details.

#5 of 39 OFFLINE   EdwardKarlinski

EdwardKarlinski

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 10:38 PM

Quote:
For details on which ones are paired with which, see the comprehensive guide to all Hammer films releases at www.zetaminor.com - an excellent resource.

When I go to this site, I can't access anything. Is the site down?

#6 of 39 OFFLINE   John Hodson

John Hodson

Producer

• 4,464 posts
  • LocationBolton, Lancashire

Posted November 18 2003 - 12:06 AM

When I go to this site, I can't access anything. Is the site down?

Works here.

---
So many films, so little time...
So many films, so little time...
Film Journal Blog
Lt. Col. Thursday: Beaufort; no preliminary nonsense with him, no ceremonial phrasing. Straight from the shoulder as I tell you, do you hear me? They're recalcitrant swine and they must feel it...

#7 of 39 OFFLINE   Anthony Neilson

Anthony Neilson

Screenwriter

• 1,020 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted November 18 2003 - 12:08 AM

Site must have been offline for redesign. Try again.

#8 of 39 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted November 18 2003 - 09:15 AM

The Hammer double-sets will be available from November 25th THIS year.

Yes, I read that this morning, and I placed my order for all ten sets with DVD Empire shortly thereafter. That scream you hear is my wallet crying out for mercy. Posted Image

I did notice that not all of Anchor Bay Entertainment's Hammer Horror Collection titles were include. For example, Lust For A Vampire is not amongst the titles. Does anyone know if all ABE Hammer licenses are expiring, or just the ones included in these two packs?

Oh, and that bring up another interesting question, are these two packs, meaning two DVDs with their own cases, etc. as before, or double-features, like Poltergiest II/Poltergiest III?
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal
, Out of Africa, and Traffic.

#9 of 39 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,474 posts

Posted November 18 2003 - 09:32 AM

Paul
Only the ones listed are expiring with Anchor Bay. They will be re-released in the future by Blue Underground with newly remastered prints and hopefully better special features. I'm holding off for these as about half of these titles are currently not anamorphic.
The other Hammer titles released by Anchor Bay are still owned by them.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#10 of 39 OFFLINE   AlanBrom

AlanBrom

Second Unit

• 405 posts

Posted November 18 2003 - 10:06 AM

Is this been confirmed Randy? If so, the future Blue Underground releases should be incredible.

#11 of 39 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted November 18 2003 - 11:26 AM

They will be re-released in the future by Blue Underground with newly remastered prints and hopefully better special features.

Any idea on how soon we might see these?
Universal Blu-ray Discs I will not be buying while they're offered only as Blu-ray + DVD 'flipper' discs:

The Jackal

#12 of 39 OFFLINE   David Von Pein

David Von Pein

Producer

• 5,736 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 10:11 AM

Courtesy DigitalBits.com .........

"Warner will release Back to Bataan, Battleground and Flying Leathernecks on May 4th (SRP $19.97 each). On April 27th, look for Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Dracula Has Risen from the Grave, Taste the Blood of Dracula, and the Hammer Horror Collection (a 6-disc set with the three titles we just mentioned, along with Curse of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula and The Mummy). Also coming on April 27th are Dr. Who: The Curse of Fenric and Dr. Who: The Two Doctors."

Posted Image Posted Image

#13 of 39 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 10:59 AM

Good news indeed, I shall be picking these up. I have recently gotten into Hammer films. I already have warners other 3 releases, so unless that box has more to it, I'll just be getting the new 3.

#14 of 39 OFFLINE   Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted January 28 2004 - 04:27 PM

QUATERMASS IN THE PIT Anamorphic from BU, or so I read somewhere, and I imagine many others.
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#15 of 39 OFFLINE   Jay E

Jay E

Screenwriter

• 2,485 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 12:44 AM

Boy is Anchor Bay going downhill with it's catalog. They're losing all their titles!

Great to see that Warner is releasing more Horror on DVD, especially since it's Hammer. I have great hopes for their Halloween promotion.

#16 of 39 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 12:48 AM

Quote:
I have great hopes for their Halloween promotion.

As do I, when I first heard about these three new Warner Hammer titles, I figured they were for their Halloween promotion. Now that I know they are to tie-in with Van Helsing, I'm hoping that not only is Van Helsing good, but that it do well at the box office so Warner and other studios try more Hammer tie-ins come October.

Oh, and, yes, I think I will be buying these three! Posted Image

The Jackal

#17 of 39 OFFLINE   Paul Arnette

Paul Arnette

Screenwriter

• 2,616 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 12:50 AM

Quote:
QUATERMASS IN THE PIT Anamorphic from BU, or so I read somewhere, and I imagine many others.

Good news indeed. I wish we knew more about when these might be coming...

The Jackal

#18 of 39 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,474 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 02:43 AM

Can't wait for the 3 new Hammers. Hopefully Taste the Blood will be the uncut version that was rumored to be coming out.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#19 of 39 OFFLINE   Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer

Producer

• 4,268 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 02:50 AM

A lot of Anchor Bay's catalog was licensed through Bill Lustig. When he set up Blue Underground, many of these titles went with him, or will do so when the AB licenses expire. So AB will definitely not be the force for genre films in the future that it once was, but on the bright side Blue Underground hasn't seriously messed up a disc yet (I'm not counting the issues with the fragile cases on the Mondo Collection, since that was a surprise issue of the interaction with the shrinkwrap, and they are offering replacement cases).

#20 of 39 OFFLINE   Tim_P_76

Tim_P_76

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted January 29 2004 - 03:59 AM

Although the cover art is really sharp, I hope Warner does add an extra a piece to these. A Christopher Lee commentary would be very nice if any. As to Blue Underground I'll see what they offer with Final Countdown and then I'll/We'll see how good they are, transfer and all.
Until then, if the rereleased AB titles are done differently and better(New picture maybe and tottally new extras plus port over the old ones) ,than I'd buy them again. I just think the Warner and Columbia released Hammer titles need the SE treatment.
I am currently always swamped watching my ginormous 20% off sale orders from DeepDiscountDVD...

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow