Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dawson's Creek Series Finale Easter egg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Brian Gaddis

Brian Gaddis

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 05:18 AM

I don't believe this has been mentioned here. Hidden clip on the Dawson's Creek Series Finale DVD.

1. Go to your "Special Features" menu.
2. Underline "Main Menu".
3. Press the "up" button on your remote twice.
4. Press the "left" button on your remote twice.
5. Press the "enter" button on your remote once.
6. Press the "right" button on your remote twice.
7. The letter in Dawson's hand should be yellow. Hit enter

The Easter egg is a clip of various cast members giving the crew thanks for the years of work put into the show.

The above button combination is kind of tricky to pull off.
I also got to the clip by manually entering Title 7, Chapter 1 on my remote. Or it may have been Chapter 7, Title 1.

#2 of 4 Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi

Producer

• 3,151 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 07:57 AM

You are really brave to expose yourself here like this! Posted Image

But seriously, I didn’t get this because I think it’s ridiculous that they are trying to cash on this by presenting only 2 episodes and in 4:3 non-widescreen! At least they could have presented it in widescreen! Season by season is the only way to go. Too bad I’m not planning on getting the sets after season 2.

#3 of 4 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 10:49 AM

Um, even though it was filmed in widescreen, I'm pretty sure it was composed for 4:3 though.

Also, I'm actually glad they've made the finale available, because I'm not buying seasons 4-6, but I found the finale to be well made and a nice treat for fans who liked the early years.

#4 of 4 Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter

• 1,375 posts

Posted November 17 2003 - 10:58 AM

Quote:
Season by season is the only way to go.
That's exactly why I held out. Well, that and the high SRP of $24.99.

One interesting tidbit: Apparently this disc has a few extras including footage from the alternate pilot (with a different actor playing Dawson's dad). Why the hell was this not put on the season 1 set instead??

As for the aspect ratio, trust me, it may have been shot in widescreen, but it has definitely been composed for 4:3. I've seen all of seasons 4 and 5 in WS on German TV, and some of the WS goofs are baffling (clearly visible lighting rigs, lip-synch by normally off screen actors and such).

Chris