What's new

I'd like to see diy home theater intros featuring your friends and family (1 Viewer)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
When I get a digital camcorder I plan on creating a home theater intro featuring family and friends.
It will be similar to what Magic Johnson does in his movie theater intro.
Has anyone does this?
I'm not talking about home theater intros like CinemaWise or the other folks but an intro featuring real live people.
I realize this will only be 2 channel (stereo) but I think it will be neat to have something like this.

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I always thought it would be cool if DVD players had some sort of flash memory (either built in and accessible through perhaps a LAN port or as a card) on which you could store such an intro. That way, you could play it before each movie, and not have to bother with changing DVD's inbetween.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Why wait til digital cameral capture card and regular camcorder will do the trick.

Well doesn't sony have a built in readeron their rptv

Signed
Ed

Trevor_J

Second Unit
I am considering doing this, though not with friends or family, but a custom intro of clips/trailers that I put together myself. I am looking at the KISS network capable DVD players that will play XVID/DiVX encoded movies from a network share. I found and downloaded some AC-3 encoded DD and THX-EX trailers and when I'm ready I'll mesh them together to create an 'at the theater' experience.

Trevor_J

Second Unit
Actually, the big wait is that I don't have a theater to play the intro dvd's in :-D. I'm on the fabric installation stage right now so I'm hoping to be operational in the next couple of weeks. BTW, if you want to save me some time and tell me how to convert them to VCD I'll be more than happy to take your advice. :-D

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Wow Glenise ,

You know all about video editing. I am impressed, and yet you refuse to start making a svcd now, all because you don't have digital video camera

Signed
ED

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Well, I want to include the family in on it.
I have collected some mini intros from different website.
I wish I could remember where I got them from.
I would gladly point you to them.
I'll try to locate the website.

JustinS

Agent
"Let's all go to Justin's kitchen...
Let's all go to Justin's kitchen...
Let's all go to Justin's kitchen...
To get something to eat!"

That would be cool. :)

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Ed,

Justin is referring to a jingle that's famous.
I can't think of the commercial right now but I think that's where he got it from.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Thanks Glenise,

For a second there I thought we were going to have to take hime to the looney bin....LOL

I have never heard of that jingle is it from a southern company?. I am not that young so I don't think it was a national add.

Signed
ED

David Broome

Stunt Coordinator
I think it was the 'Let's all go to the lobby' jingle with the dancing popcorn/coke/hot dog they played before movies/drive-ins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks