What's new

Are there any new software updates for the Sony 5ES? DPL IIx, dts 96/24? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
I know the last upgrade was to fix the dts es problem, but have there been any others? Will there be any others? Any guesses?
James

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't count on it, but it would be nice to see them actley do it. I have only ever seen a couple of times that they have made use of the RS-232 ports. I think its a bunch of crap that they put them there but hardly ever make any use of them.

Not to take over your thread, but do they have the fix for the 5ES that will work on systems using windows XP? I had it downloaded on my old computer but never got to do it. Now my new computer has XP on it but the program says its not compatable with XP.

james e m

Second Unit
I don't know if they have a fix that will work on XP.

Anybody have any word on new updates?

James

John Morton

Stunt Coordinator
Try right clicking on the shortcut / exe and look for the compatibility tab. You may be able to fool the program into "thinking" it's running on a Window 2000, ME, 98, or 95 PC?

Seth_L

Screenwriter
I have a DA5ES and it would be nice if they offered upgrades, but I just don't think they have any incentive to do so. They did offer quite a few upgrades for the VA777ES (I think) and their pre/pro (TA-9000ES?).

Maybe we can pester Sony somehow?

JackS

Supporting Actor
There was only one true upgrade for the 777es, the rest were all software repairs for hissing and an audio split problem that plagued many. All software repairs were free downloads and the one upgrade was sold as a kit containing a CD and null-modem cable. The upgrade did make it's way to a few websites for a free flash. This seems to be about as much as any mfg has done so far for owners of receivers of all brands whose units contain the 232 port. Any true upgrade will be offered at a price and would assume that in most cases would also be sold as a kit. My feeling is that everyone whose has the 232 port, still may see an upgrade or two in the future. Isn't it possible that present day unit upgrades could possibly be backward compatable to receivers sold in years past? I don't have an answer for that one but I think it might be possible. DPLll&llx seem like the logical contenders for any upgrade offered for the present time. Hope runs eternal.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
The DA5ES already has DPLII and DTS-ES. DPLIIx and DTS 24/96 would be nice touches. I would think the chipset in the Sony has the power to decode them. It's just a matter of Sony wanting to show so good faith to people who purchased their Flagship reciever a few years ago or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks