What's new

waves of lines on t.v.? (1 Viewer)

Frank*M

Auditioning
I just signed up, so hello everyone. I have directv and sometimes there are waves of lines that drift back and forth across the screen. I was thinking it's a weather thing, but it happens on perfect days as well as raining days. Does anyone know what might be going on? Also what's your take on sat.tv vs. digital cable.

Joe Maiurro

Stunt Coordinator
It could be electicial interference. I am having the same problem and notice when I move the bunch of wires I have behind my compnents helps. When I get around to it I will be buying some pull ties and cleaning up the wire mess. Try that out.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you have a ground loop problem. So you have a cable tv box hooked up? If so you go to a blank screen, like an unused video 2 screen on your tv and look for the "waves", then unplug the coaxial cable from the box and I bet they go away. If that's the case, you have a ground loop. I had one and fixed it by running a ground wire from my electrical box in the basement to a cable splitter down there as well, "waves" disappeared. I learned this in the AVS forum.

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
A little more info on your TV would be helpful. Some TV's have been known to have a problem with Moire (a tiger stripe effect)on horizontal or vertical picture images. I have been a DirecTV user for several years now and am very satisfied with the picture quality (the service and the program line ups are a whole nother story :D ).

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks