What's new

Penny Singleton dead...Blondie or Jetsons coming? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
Yeah, its a weird phenomenon, but when people die interest for what they did increases a lot! I saw many people searching for Bob Hope movies after he died...the same with Gregory Peck (and again after To Kill a Mockingbird made the AFI 50 Heroes list). And let's not forget how retailers keep releasing new CDs after people die (Johnny Cash, Elvis, Tupac Shakur)

So when I saw the obit I thought, gee I wonder if any of this is going to see its way on a DVD any time soon...that's all.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
The Blondie films (all 28) were released on VHS; some are still available.

I doubt we'll see these on DVD anytime soon, which is a shame because they're great fun. Arthur Lake was a great Dagwood and Miss Singleton played Blondie to perfection.

These films are short. If Abbott and Costello style authoring (putting 2 films per side on a double sided disc) were used, the entire series would only take 7 discs. I would buy them.

Sorry to say, I was never a Jetsons fan.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I would expect to see The Jetsons released at about the same time as a season one release of The Flintstones. Since not too many people are familiar with her, I doubt this will do anything to expediate the DVD releases of The Jetsons or Blondie.

I, for one, would love season sets of the Flintstones and perhaps the complete series of the original Jetsons (and then the '80s revival episodes after that). I think these would also be huge sellers.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I would consider a purchase of the Jetsons if they were released in season sets on DVD, although a Flintstones release would be a must own.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Funny thing...

When FLINTSTONES season one got released on Laserdisc... it was a no sell...

The set is now very rare....

Dugger

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
When FLINTSTONES season one got released on Laserdisc... it was a no sell...
Wow, I had no idea they even put that out. I hope they don't see that as happening on DVD as well. After all, DVD is a format that has been embraced by the masses. I believe Flintstones season sets would be big sellers.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I would love to see all the Blonie films come to DVD...they were great fun. Deborah Harry was just plain hot when she was younger! (Sorry, couldn't help but do that...)

Can't recall the actor's name at the moment, but when did the guy who played Dagwood pass away? Penny was wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks