Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

What TV system do they use in Singapore? (NTSC vs. PAL)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Wade K

Wade K

Second Unit

• 260 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 02:13 AM

There's a great Region 0 DVD of Pet Shop Boys videos being released in Singapore next month. I'm just curious if Singapore uses NTSC or PAL. My modded JVC will handle them both, but not my Sony.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Sean Campbell

Sean Campbell

Second Unit

• 298 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 03:46 AM

I bought a few Looney Tunes VCDs from Singapore in the past and they were encoded as PAL. That said, I know that some PAL countries in the Far East have been releasing DVDs in the NTSC format ( because almost all modern PAL tvs can play NTSC anyway ).

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 04:32 AM

...Singapore - and Hong Kong, too! - use the PAL system for Broadcast Television (and, consequently, also for VHS)... that said, all my made-in-Hong Kong DVDs are NTSC-encoded... don't know about Singaporean DVDs though...

. . . Posted Image . . .

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming

Producer

• 4,337 posts

Posted November 16 2003 - 05:21 PM

Singapore broadcasts in PAL. However, R3 DVDs released here tend to be NTSC, presumably because local distributors get their masters direct from the US. So look carefully if this is an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users