Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

- - - - -

Looking for multi-disc player with (get this) decent randomization

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman

• 3,817 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 08:49 AM

The reason I ask is... am looking for a basic 5 disk DVD/CD player (MP3 a bonus) for my livingroom. I don't have a lot of component space, so it'll double pretty heavily as a CD player.

One big concern is its ability to truely randomize between disks. We like to throw in a handful of disks for some ambient music while we putter about the house. My current JVC CD player is horrible at randomizing CD's... it must pick play lists based on a disk's playing time or track number because it often plays the same song when it encounters a disk for random play. For example, if I put in Loreena McKennitt's "Book of Secrets" it almost always will play "The Highwayman" first off of that disk. This gets pretty irritating because I tend to leave disks in the player for a few days and start and stop them... so, there's a good chance I'm going to hear that song within the first 5 songs.

I am so sick of that song. Posted Image

So, basically, I'm looking for a multi-player that can randomize well and can operate easily as a stand alone CD player. I am asking here because randomization isn't usually covered on any of the review sites.

All this for around $150. Progressive scan or digital outs not important since this is for my livingroom setup.

So, how is your multi-player at randomizing CDs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users