-

Photo
- - - - -

NIRO1.1 STD/PRO Home Theater

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts
  • LocationLake Worth, Florida

Posted November 13 2003 - 03:22 AM

Hello All,

A friend of mine spotted this and is curious about it.

http://www.niro.net/...ound/index.html

Anyone know anything about it? Anyone actually heard it? I'm rather skeptical but who knows, it might be as good as it claims.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Rob.melone

Rob.melone

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 07:43 AM

Yes, I purchased the STD (Standard) system at $599. This system consists of a single TV top speaker enclosure that houses 3 speakers (L/C/R), 8" sub and DVD Receiver. The system is attractive and easy to setup. The remote is very well designed. The manual would benefit by a good English proof reading. I would describe two channel sound for music as sweetly appealing but bright and with little stereo imaging and separation. HT performance is much more dynamic with excellent integration between the speakers and sub, which has surprising presence. Since there are no rear speakers, I tested surround capabilities with current technology movies that have a minimum of 5.1 channels (e.g. Lord of the Rings and Star Wars). Remarkably, surround sound was present as if splashed around the room. In conclusion, I would say that this is a very good system for HT, especially for those of us who are wary of large dust collecting components and running wires around the room. If you are intrigued with this type of technology, you may also want to check out Dolby's new Virtual Speaker. Regards. Rob

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 07:53 AM

^^^ Thanks for your input.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Albert M

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator

• 224 posts

Posted November 13 2003 - 10:39 AM

Here is a review of the Niro 1.1 vs Bose 321 system.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Gary Seven

Gary Seven

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts

Posted November 14 2003 - 02:57 AM

Interesting.

I wasn't really interested in this system as my friend was. But after reading some of the articles, this might be useful in the bedroom.

Thanks.