Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NERO WOLFE Series 1 Box Set is SUPERB!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Sergio Angelini

Sergio Angelini

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted November 12 2003 - 10:22 AM

In an earlier thread I raised the issue that the early releases by A&E of their NERO WOLFE series had used cut versions of the episodes that were made for repeat showing.

I just received the corrected version of this box set and have to say that the audio and video presentation is nothing short of spectacular, especially for a TV show.

I don't understand why this title is available through so few etailers (Deep Discount seems to be the main one) and through none of the big chains (Amazon, Barners & Noble etc).

This is a shame because for fans of old fashioned period whodunits, this series is wonderful, especially for its terrific playing by Timothy Hutton and for its unflagging humour and pace.

The second series will probably never make it on to DVD if its being marketed so narrowly, which really would be sad.

I can't recommend these discs highly enough - if you like this kind of thing, it really is enormous fun!