What's new

Gilmore Girls on DVD: 2004 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Read all about it here.

Warner Bros Home Video has plans to release the first season of Gilmore Girls on DVD in the first half of 2004. If we were betting men we would guess that it'll be closer to the end (April-June) rather then Jan-Mar. Nothing else about the release is known at this time, but with the quality of Warner's TV product constantly getting better, we expect the fans to quite happy when the set is released. Hopefully we'll have some solid news in the new year.
Woohoo! 2004 is looking to be a great year for DVD fans everywhere. We've got Seinfeld, Star Wars, and now Gilmore Girls :D heading our way!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Yay!!!!!

This looks to be quite a happy day in my book. :)

I've been waiting for this news for a long time. The first season of this show has got to be the best of them all.

I'm really looking forward to this. :)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I really hope that it is in summer, since I love TV on DVD in summer to help me through rerun hell.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Great news about both of these. While I haven't seen Gilmore Girls more than once or twice, it appears to be really good. I haven't had cable for two years, so it was just getting started when we unsubscribed. A DVD would be just the thing to get me hooked. I was already hooked on 7th Heaven by that time, and had been following it closely for about 3 seasons.

RossH

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ross Hudgins
I've been hoping this gets released...brilliant show! Just hope S1 sells enough to warrant the other seasons.

Also, hopefully any music-licensing issues were prepared for. I'd still buy it though.

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
I am so excited, I can't wait to see what the details of the set are, this is one of the best shows on television right now, period.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Can't wait for this either, it's one of the few shows the wife and I make a point to watch every week.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Since I've got all the episodes on tape, I'll be very interested in hearing what extras, if any, will be included.

Rob

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure music rights have been worked out. This show has got some really good music and it would suck badly if it was replaced... :frowning:

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see why it would be a problem with music, the show is pretty recent, wouldn't they have to get the rights for the broadcast anyway.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Often TV shows use music that isn't cleared for VIDEO/SYNDICATION/DVD. This is the case with FELICITY (which has had most of the music replaced.)

Gilmore Girls is in its fourth season so I don't expect too much problems with music issues. If anything the 2nd season and up are most likely cleared. I'm sure the original music will remain intact.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
TVShowsOnDVD has an announcement on season one of Gilmore Girls, with artowrk.

This is a must-pre-order for me. I don't want for GG to be one of those titles that only ever get a single season released.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I really can't wait. The cover's not that bad either, kind of matches the soundtrack's idea of using significant images instead of cast shots. :) Nice.

I'd pick a different cover pic of them though, they don't look too happy. Loralai kind of looks annoyed or pissed... ;)

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot wait for this, all of us Gilmore Girls fans have to buy this up as soon as it comes out so Warner knows that it is one of the best shows on tv.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I'd pick a different cover pic of them though, they don't look too happy. Loralai kind of looks annoyed or pissed...
You know, now you mention it, Lorelai does look rather more serious than usual. It's almost like she's just about to talk to her mother.

But who cares. It's Lauren Graham, and she's pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks