Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Netflix Lost Discs Question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Matthew_S

Matthew_S

Second Unit

• 362 posts

Posted November 11 2003 - 07:06 AM

I recently re-subscribed to netflix due to the faster turnaround times...i'm pretty happy with it so far. Anyway, does anyone know what the policy is on "lost discs"? It used to be that you could have one or two discs lost in the mail to make things go even quicker...is this still allowable?

#2 of 5 Felix Martinez

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,441 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted November 11 2003 - 07:50 AM

I believe there is still a "mailed back" option under "shipping problems," but I've found that the new service centers around the country enable Netflix to receive your disc faster than you can click that button Posted Image

Cheers,

#3 of 5 GarySchrock

GarySchrock

Second Unit

• 294 posts

Posted November 11 2003 - 09:03 AM

I haven't tried using a lost disc thing recently with netflix, but I know for a while it seemed to basically become something that was really only intended for lost discs. I think they pretty much stopped the policy of letting you mark it as sent before they got it because of abuse.

However, the good news for me at least is the turnaround time is a lot better now. Living in the lansing area (with a center in detroit I believe), I can mail something one day, they get it the next, and most of the time I have the new movie the day after that. I can't ask for much more than 2-3 day turnaround.

#4 of 5 Zack_H

Zack_H

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted November 11 2003 - 09:56 AM

heh.. ive only ever used the button for its legitimate use. But i agree. A new drop box opened a few weeks ago in my area and now i get next day delivery. Im quite satisfied.

#5 of 5 Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

• 1,887 posts

Posted November 11 2003 - 11:03 AM

Quote:
what the policy is on "lost discs"?

When you go to mark a disc as lost (through the queue), it will tell you the date you can mark it lost (usually 6 after its estimated arrival date). You can have 5 marked as lost at a time, at 6 they suspend your account. Not that I would know from experience Posted Image

Chris