What's new

My Theater Pictures (1 Viewer)

Ferdinand*T

Second Unit
WOW! That is one amazing looking theater, good job!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Charles

Agent
Very very impressive. Did you do the design work yourself? What kind of wall carpet did you use? Where do you get it from? I would love to ask you a bunch of questions as I am in the design stages of a dedicated theater right now. If you have the time to talk let me know.

paul_r

Grip
Wow that is really something. I am in the finishing stages of my room and hope it comes out as nice as yours. Are those back lite poster frames? If so did you build them or buy them?
Paul

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Richard,

The only word that comes to mind is jealousy.

I just finished my shack of a home theater. No where as nice as yours . Nice job !

Sincerly
ED

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
Did you do the design work yourself?
__________________________________________________ ________
Yes. I can honestly say I did the entire project myself, but I strongly recommend you get help here and there! I began construction with just a basic idea in my head (prior to formally sketching anything out). Not having done this before, I knew I would make constructability and cosmetic changes along the way. For instance, late additions included the arches on the front wall and the riser below the bar/island. The bookshelf you see was originally a door to the equipment room. Once installed, the door just was not appealing to me, so I changed it.

What kind of wall carpet did you use? Where do you get it from?
__________________________________________________ _________
It came from a local carpet shop, but it is very similar to what Lowe’s sells.

I would love to ask you a bunch of questions as I am in the design stages of a dedicated theater right now. If you have the time to talk let me know.
__________________________________________________ ___________
I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have!

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
those back lite poster frames? If so did you build them or buy them?
__________________________________________________ _

They are not backlight posters. I found them at Target of all places.

Dave Milne

Supporting Actor
Very, very impressive, Richard. The columns, trayed ceiling, bar area, stage... all excellent designs outstandingly executed. Just curious, though: why the projector pod instead of direct ceiling mount? Did you need to do this to control keystoning, or did you just do it because it looks cool...

What equipment are you running? The pic of your equipment rack was a bit dark; all I could make out was a graphic equalizer.

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
Super job. It looks superb.... and how does it sound?
__________________________________________________ ___

My equipment is modest, but sounds incredible.

We have an annual home show in my area where you can walk through 10 or so high end houses in the 750k - 1MM range. The wife and I went this year, about half had dedicated theaters. I know I'm biased, but my setup sounds better than any of the 30K+ dedicated theaters I heard.

My set up:

Panasonic Receiver SAHE100K
Panasonic Progressive Scan DVD DVDS55
AudioSource EQ
Infinity RS5 - Mains
Infinity RS3 - Surrounds
Infinity CC3 - Center
Infinity RS1 - Back Surrounds
Aiwa 10 Powered Subwoofer TS W150 (purchased based on excellent reviews)
Aura Bass Shakers (6)

Rich

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
Geez, that looks awesome. A whole year, huh? Really very nice.
__________________________________________________ ____

Let me clarify.

A year's time is a bit misleading. I travel a lot, so the work was done primarily on the weekends when I could sneak away from the wife and kiddos.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Richard,

Don't feel bad to me almost 3 years to do mine. lymphoma,major accident and now lymphoma again. The funny thing is my onkyo 787 reciever that I bought in 1999. Just got opened last week.

You never commented on my post i made earlier, about your old onkyo 797.

Signed
Ed

richard_v

Stunt Coordinator
why the projector pod instead of direct ceiling mount? Did you need to do this to control keystoning, or did you just do it because it looks cool...
__________________________________________________ ______

Thanks for the complements. I knew this question was coming!

I designed to pod for #1 cosmetics, and #2 function. The shape complements the bar / island and the halogens in the pod make for great task lighting - I can view my DVDs and equipment rack w/o turning on the main lights and disturbing a movie playing.

The original plan was to place the projector within the pod. I designed it with enough space per Sanyo's recommendations, but ultimately felt the ventilation just would not be sufficient.

Rich

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Richard,

I too have been on the parade of homes and specifically was intent on finding homes with a better home theater, but they are not to be found. Seems that folks with tons of money dont care about price, video and sound. As long as they dont have to lift a hammer.

You should be very proud of your theater and all the hard work that went into it!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks