What's new

FREE "Jake 2.0" DVDs with 2 episodes!! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm frankly suprised that noone's grabbed this and posted it over here yet...I've meant to for days, and it got away from me.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=814

The survey is short and simple, and doesn't take but a minute of your time. There is no telling how long this will be made available, so hurry on over and get it done post haste. In fact, the person who alerted us to this deal, Bob Huggins (thank you very much for the info!) said that this had just been re-opened after having been closed a few weeks back. Don't delay...the NSA is waiting to show up at your house!

As soon as I receive my copy, TVShowsOnDVD will have a release listing up so you can mark these as being part of your collection.
I just wanted to make sure I shared this with my friends at the HTF...I really think Jake 2.0 is a great show, but I actually missed the pilot. Since it's a cinch that the pilot is one of the two eps on this disc, I'm excited to be able to get it! :emoji_thumbsup:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Sounds like a rip off to me. :D

You couldn't pay me to watch that show again...

Jason

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
orderd mine thanks david.

now were is 6 million dollar man?

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Cool. :emoji_thumbsup:

The show never tempted me, but I sent for the DVD and will most likey watch the next episode that comes on, as I am now curious to see what this show is like.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I also caught wind of this offer from TVShowsonDVD.com. Never seen the show, but I'll be happy to check it out on the promo disc! Thanks to Gord and David for sharing the goodies.

Nathan McMahan

Stunt Coordinator
Got to be honest, I had no intention of watching this show, the premise just seemed kind of lame. I even taped the pilot in case I changed my mind and wound up taping over it. Three weeks in, I let the TV run after an episode of Enterprise and I've got to admit, the show is actually kinda cool. But the real surprise is the young actor playing the lead. He grows on you quite fast. He just seems exceedingly genuine and his acting is effortless. You could do a lot worse with an hour of your time. I'd suggest at the least giving it a shot. X Files and Buffy started the same way.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
When I saw the item on TVShowsOnDVD, I took the survey having never seen the show, I figured hey its free why not? You never know, or rather I never know, I might enjoy the show and start watching it regularly. We shall soon see.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
Free DVD !
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
Sweet!

How come they don't do this with ALL TV shows? It would help increase sales dramatically. I often see TV show boxed-sets, and wonder if they are any good, but I don't find myself forking over $50-60 for a TV show, especially if I've never seen it before. Like this, people can see part of the show, and know if they are interested in it.

I can't wait to get this DVD, so I can find out if I like this show. When does the entire season come out?

Also, I know they are giving a free Jeremiah (sp) DVD but you have to buy a TV show I haven't even seen or am interested in. They should give these away free, not force you to buy something else. Anyone know where I can get one without having to buy that show?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't know about Jeremiah, but there was a free disc with the first two episodes of the second season of 24 available at Best Buy. This is an encouraging trend. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Also, I know they are giving a free Jeremiah (sp) DVD but you have to buy a TV show I haven't even seen or am interested in. They should give these away free, not force you to buy something else. Anyone know where I can get one without having to buy that show?
For everyone else's edification, this refers to a free Jeremiah DVD being enclosed in the next box set of Stargate SG-1 (which streets on the same date as Jeremiah S1).

Agreed that it is a bummer for folks interested in Jeremiah (or in just getting a free disc) who don't have any interest whatsoever in SG-1. MGM probably figured this was the easiest distribution method considering SG-1 is their best-selling ongoing Sci-Fi TV product. Oh...also their only one. :) But facts are facts: SG-1 box sets reach a LOT of people.

Surely someone will buy an SG-1 S5 set (1/20, by the way!) and have no interest in the Jeremiah disc enclosed...then it can come to you somehow. Perhaps via eBay. ;)

Alternative: after release, call MGM's customer service and try to sweet-talk them into mailing you one. It shouldn't be rocket science to convince them to do that.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Thanks David! I haven't missed an episode yet. Not the best show on TV, but it is well written and has an engaging cast.

Rick P

Supporting Actor
can't wait to get this DVD, so I can find out if I like this show. When does the entire season come out?
If the show does well, probably in time to promote a second season (given the current network marketing thought pattern..) if not... probably not long to recoup production costs...

"What is this, the dungeon where you keep the Pig-Boy??"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks