What's new

is there a "Predator" SE? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm just wondering, is there any kind of "Predator" SE out there right now? I would like to buy "Predator" and if there is a SE out, I'll of course buy that. Thanks.
-Keith-

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
The newest version (which I own) is just Predator in DTS. The audio on this disc is great, but there are NO special features other than the original trailer. Still a good purchase.
------------------
My DVD's

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'll second what Justin said. The dts track is fantastic! If you don't have the capabilities of playing the dts track, there is a Dolby Digital 5.1 track.
The only complaint is that the transfer isn't as clean as I would have liked. It's just a small complaint, but true.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the DTS track is very good on this disc - especially for an older movie.
The transfer is good - not great - but very acceptable. it could be a bit cleaner as Tom stated.
This disc is a good deal and you should be able to pick it up for a nice price.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
It's still ridiculous that Fox didn't deign to put any extras on the DTS release of Predator. There have been plenty of films that packed both a DD 5.1 and DTS soundtrack and a nice cache of extras, while preserving picture quality.
-Tom
------------------
There is nothing wrong with any of the surrounds on your Forrest Gump DVD! It's ok!!!

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
I agree. This should definitely be a future 5-Star title. It's Arnold's best movie. Period.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The impression I got from Fox's last chat with Straddon is that it would be a very long time before we see a SE of Predator as there are no plans at this time to revisit this title.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
And since the new 16x9, DD and DTS version is available for as low as $14.99, the bite is taken out of a SE coming out later. How can you pass this up for that price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks