What's new

Another Deep Space Nine Season 6 glitch? (1 Viewer)

David M.

Agent
Just wondering if anybody came across a couple of glitches with an episode called "Waltz" on disc 3. During the middle of the fade to black at the opening scene into the DS9 intro, the Pioneer DVD Player I used freezes. If I hit the fast forward on the remote, the player will advance but will skip 3 seconds of the show. It also happens during three more fade to blacks. All were the commericial breaks were originally. I can get past them again with the fast forward but will skip 3 seconds. The other one i can remember is right after the DS9 intro, coming back into the show.

Also I got the wormhole in the DS9 intro get all pixelated.

Now on a JVC player and a LiteOn DVD-ROM, I don't get these problems. Just with the Pioneer player which is about 3 years old.

Anyone else getting these problems?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Did not have a problem with mine on a Philips 793C. Devoured the whole season already-could be my favorite of the series...

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Hey David,

I see you're from London... by any chance did you get your DS9 from the Future Shop on Wellington Rd S? I don't know if you saw my thread (well, actually, I'm guessing you may have, based on your thread title ;) ), but I had a problem with disc 5 ("Inquisition"), exchanged the disc, and the new disc has a problem as well! Maybe FS got a bad batch of sets... :)

I sent my disc 5 home with a friend today, to see if his player (a Sony) has the same problem mine (an Hitachi) has. Thing is, my players about 3 years old too, just like your Pioneer. (My aforementioned friend has been encouraging me to get a new one... ;) )

Anyway, to actually answer your question, I've just checked out the intro & commercial breaks on my copy of "Waltz", and they all behave normally. Sorry.

David M.

Agent
Yes, I saw your thread. I checked out my disc 5 on all three players. The Pioneer belongs to someone else and I was watching it there. I don't have the same problem you do on disc 5 with either of the three of the players I tried my copy on. I watched "Inquistion" last night on my JVC player, no problems.

I also did get my set from the south Future Shop store.

I think the problem on disc 3 is what appears to be a dark shadow similar to what water looks like pressed between two pieces glass. I plan on exchanging my copy today and picking up T3 :) .

I will let you know if I get any of the problems mentioned on disc 3 or 5.

David M.

Agent
Replaced my set and checked out for both problems on my JVC player and DVD-ROM. Nothing. As soon as I can get at the Pioneer I will see if the same problem occurs on disc 3.

I still have that dark shadow smear on the underside of the new disc 3. It starts from the center of the disc and spreads out about halfway to the outer edge. Anyone else have this on their disc 3?

David M.

Agent
I tried the new disc 3 on the Pioneer player, it's model # is DV-333. The same problems occur on the third episode. It freezes at 4:18 and will skip to 4:22 when the fast forward is pushed. Freezes again at 6:11 and will skip to 6:15. The last freeze is at 30:33 and will only skip one second to 30:34.

Does anyone know the mailing address, phone number or e-mail to Paramount's customer service? Their website only lists the mailing address for the studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks