What's new

Weekly Roundup 11/11 ...I'M BACK! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Where the kisses are hers and hers and his... (quote from the opening theme to Three's Company)

[c] [/c]

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed advertisements, the Sunday of the week of release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website or perhaps in their ads...but it COULD still be in-stores!

$_"LP" means the advertisement says "Low Price", and $_"HP" means the advertisement says "Hot Price". Use of either of these in the Roundup grid indicates that I could not locate a definate price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a five-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!

Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii. Also note that I cannot include Wal-Mart prices in the standard Roundup: Wal-Mart sets prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is not a way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart location. When it comes to Wal-Mart prices mentioned at all, just remember that "Your Milage May Vary".

[c]
__________TITLE____________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_Target__Costco__SamsClb
Cool World________________$14.99__$14.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Dumb And Dumberer_________$19.56__$19.99__$17.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Eloise at the Plaza_______$18.74__$17.99__$19.99__$15.99__$12.99__$_N/A_
JFK - 2-Disc Special Ed.__$21.59__$15.99__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
King of the Hill: S2______$34.99__$35.99__$39.99__$35.99__$_N/A___$34.86
Lilo&Stitch Isle/Adv Game_$25.49__$19.99__$_N/A___$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Matt Helm: The Silencers__$21.21__$22.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Music Man (2003)______$18.74__$17.99__$19.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Naked Lunch - Criterion___$27.96__$32.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
No Good Deed______________$21.21__$19.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_N/A_
Pumping Iron - 25th Ann.__$13.99__$14.99__$12.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Terminator 3: RotM (WS)___$17.97__$15.99__$15.99__$15.99__$18.99__$18.77
Three's Company -Season 1_$13.99__$12.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$13.88
[/c]

* Yeah, there's kind of an extra quote this week in the subject line of the Weekly Roundup. I give you a single guess as to which Roundup film it's from! :)

* BE CAREFUL! Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is available in both Widescreen and Fullscreen versions...get the correct one.

* Non-OAR discs are left off the Roundup, whenever they've been identified in advance. Example: The Trouble With Angels and Where Angels Go, Trouble Follows. This does NOT apply to markdowns, which are simply cut-and-paste from other lists.

* Best Buy's copies of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines comes with a "content card", which looks like a trading card but has a hole punched in it...presumably it's a DVD-ROM item in a rectangular shape because it contains stuff like concept art, wallpaper, movie screen shots, downloads, etc. I'm not planning on worrying about this, but maybe someone who gets it can fill us in on what it's like.

* Best Buy will give you $10 the transaction if you purchase both Season 1 and Season 2 of King of the Hill at the same time.

* Best Buy's ad circular shows that JFK - 2 Disc Special Edition is supposed to be $19.99, which is the everyday price for it. Their website says (right now anyway) that it's $15.99 on sale. I don't know what the discrepency is, but I went with the website price. Some sales are exclusive to BB.com though, so take it with a grain of salt. If the sale is still on for Tuesday, then you can always order it online and mark it for in-store pickup.

* I've shyed away (did I spell that right?) from mentioning K-Mart for a long time, due to sucky prices. But if you're having trouble getting Terminator 3 for $15.99 at Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target, then you can find it at K-Mart for the same price. I plan to get it at Wal-Mart, though, where I am sure I'll find it for $15.18 or less. But please note I've added a new section to the disclaimer starting this week, and it mentions why MY Wal-Mart's prices will rarely be the same as YOUR Wal-Mart prices...which is why Wal-Mart is left out of the Roundup (even though they are where I shop mostly these days...it's hard to beat their hassle-free best prices!).

* In case someone doesn't "get it", the Lilo & Stich: Island of Adventure is a board game driven by an interactive DVD. The DVD isn't really a feature all its own; it's used with the board game. I'll wait to hear some reviews of it before I dive in, so anyone who tries it out, let us know what it's like.

The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

The latest markdowns according to DavisDVD:
-------------------------
EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 11, 2003

eXistenz Buena Vista 9.99

Adrenalin: Fear The Rush, Alive: 30th Anniversary Edition, Houseguest, Iron Will, The Jungle Book (live action), The Preacher's Wife, Simon Birch, A Walk On The Moon, White Fang Buena Vista 14.99

Disney's Child Star: The Shirley Temple Story Buena Vista 19.99

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, Ultimate Electronics/Soundtrack has T3 for $14.99.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Thanks, Dave. Just "Three's Company" for me this week (luckily). I'll need a buttload of cash when I go shopping on the 18th.

I've always wanted desperately to like "King of the Hill", but everytime I watch it, I don't laugh much. I don't see what the attraction is with this show or why Fox has favored it over the far superior "Futurama" and "Family Guy".

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
12.99 will be perfect for me to use my bestbuy McBucks, on 3's co.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave.

T3 and JFK: SE for me.

T3 and Pumping Iron:SE as a Birthday present for my brother-in-law (can you guess he is a big Arnold fan, lol)

Greg

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'm going to Best Buy for T3, with Pumping Iron at $9.99.

Also, isn't the Music Man MAR?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
at $12.99 I can't pass up Three's Company.

Worth noting, if you pick up Pumping Iron and T3 on the same transaction at Best Buy, you save $5.

Also, my local Fry's Electronics has seasons 1-4 of Stargate SG-1 for $34.99 each, 1-4 of Sex & The City $29.99 each and 1-4 of Friends for $24.99 each.

ace peterson

Second Unit
Thanks, Dave. Nothing this week. I don't own the other terminators, not going to start now. Suprisingly cheap prices on Three's Company. Thought maybe they would try to cash in on Ritter's publicity as of late.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
T3 on Tuesday.
Already ordered Naked Lunch Criterion.
Considering 3's Company, man that sounds to cheap to be true!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City On Sale DVDs:

$19.99:
Hulk SE
Legally Blonde 2
28 Days Later SE

Indiana Jones Collection: $49.99
True Lies: $9.99
Predator: $9.99
Steve-O Video Volume 3: $14.99

2 DVDs for $12:
How to be a Player
G.I. Jane
The 6th Man
What About Bob?
Bedazzled SE
Tigerland
Tidal Wave: No Escape
QQuills
Encino Man
Holiday Heart
Suicide Kings SE
An American Werewolf in Paris

------------

Best Buy On Sale DVDs:

Rolling Stones Four Flicks (4 DVDs Best Buy exclusive): $29.99

Save $2 with purchase of Four Flicks and any Rolling Stones CD

The Running Man: $9.99
Dumb and Dumber: $14.99
Import Lifestyle 4: $9.99
Scarface Anniversary: $19.99
Inside ESPN's X Games IX: $17.99
Save $10 with purchase of Finding Nemo and 72-DVD storage tower ($24.99)
JFK SE: $19.99

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Is this release of JFK any different than the version included in the Oliver Stone boxed sets?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Don,

Check the software section for a really nice review of the set. As I recall this is the same transfer and everything except there is now an extra documentary in this new set.

Greg

Mark Richter

Stunt Coordinator
Whelp, after a 2 month absence from buying dvds, I am going for Three's Company S1 and T3:RotM

I hate to see what is next week. This is the reason I wait until David posts his weekly review. Less time for me to talk myself into more dvds that I will not watch :)
This way I only have 2 days to talk myself into it instead of planning it weeks in advance.

Peace all

PS Thank you Dave

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I'd like to see Naked Lunch again, but not enough to buy it. Probably a rental for me. So, nothing this week, but thanks as always.

Best Buy's Criterion prices really suck now. They used to have much better deals.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i think the music man is the tv version that was on this year with mat broderick.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Thanks David, just 3s company for me this week.Starting next week ill hold off on buying dvds till the big shopping day of November 28 !!!!!!!!!Not to mention all the great dvds in December !:D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks