What's new

Sirius receiver question (1 Viewer)

ScottCarr

Second Unit
When I first hooked up with Sirius I purchased the Here2Anywhere unit. The music sounded pretty good but still sounded rather compressed.

Yesterday I diconnected the Here2Anywhere and installed the free kenwood receiver. Right off the bat I feel the audio has greatly improved, not to mention the easy of using the steering wheel controls to change channels

My question is; Does the dedicated receiver feeding the siruis ready deck really make that much of a difference or are my ears hearing what I want to hear?

If it does make a difference why does it seem the Here2Anywhere can not match that of the receiver?

Thanks
Scott

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
If I am reading your question correctly, I think it would be the same as asking why doesn't a portable clock radio sound as good as a home receiver? Listening to XM on my $600 pioneer car receiver sounds better than on my portable delphi unit. Ones primary goal is convenience, the other is purely to play music well.

DennisF

Grip
Jed has it right. I changed to a better HU on my first in-car tuner and it was *much* better. I think the surprise is that with satellite radio (Sirius or XM) the source is better sound quality than what we feed it in to. With broadcast FM that certainly isn't true.

Sirius Rocks! :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Thank you for your replies.
Everyone in the family thinks I am crazy for paying for radio, except my father in law. So far it is worth every penny.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks