What's new

LOTR: Two Towers EE deals (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw on the "Deals Page" that Overstock is selling the EE for $24.49 plus $1.40 shipping. With a new customer $5 coupon, the total is $20.89 with shipping.

Direct link to the Overstock deal here.

Questions:
How is Overstock? (i.e. Are they reliable and how long does shipping take?)
Does anyone think B&M stores will beat $20.89?

Galen_V

Second Unit
I don't want to sound like I am employed by Overstock, but they have recently cleaned up their act and the last two titles I have ordered from them have arrived in three days. In fact, the Indiana Jones Collection arrived the day before it was released, and was at the local post office on that Saturday evening (after leaving Overstock's warehouse on Thursday). So, I do not think you have to worry about receiving the item a week late.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
overstock is fine but they do charge your card at time of order.

Donald_S

Stunt Coordinator
I've had great success with Overstock.com. Maybe I'm near a drop ship center here in Los Angeles, but I usually get things from them within 3 or 4 days or ordering. I'm buying the extended edition LOTR from them for sure.

Donald

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Keep in mind there is a $5 or $10 mail-in rebate when you buy both The Two Towers and either the Special Extended or Collector's Gift Set.

Here is the link to the offer, which has both Adobe rebate forms:

$5 or $10 mail-in rebate

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

I preordered 5 DVD's from Overstock all at once. They charged me a one time $2.95 shipping fee even though they sent five packages on different release dates. Most recently I received Finding Nemo on Wednesday November 5. I also have The Two Towers ordered for next week at $24.99. I spent $100 and got $10 off too. I found that deal on www.dealios.com. Also through a software glitch Scarface did not ship. So when I called about it, they apologized and gave it to me for free!

Big Lebowski
Scarface
Matrix Reloaded
Lion King
Finding Nemo
Two Towers

$100.63 shipped. NOT including the $17 credit for Scarface.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Cheapest price (B&M) I've seen so far for the gift set is $49.88 at Sam's Club. Costco is listed at $54.99, and Best Buy is currently at $59.99.

Costco wins the stand-alone EE price at this point at $24.78, Sam's at $25.84, Best Buy at $27.99.

Subject to change as of Sunday should Best Buy lower their release week price, and of course Wal-Marts in competitive areas may be lower as well.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hopefully there will be some interesting in-store deals for the big set on release date. $60 is pretty steep, especially considering that the Gollum figure is not nearly as cool as the bookends in the first set.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
According to their website, Costco has apparently dropped their price for the Gift Set to $49.99. :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i was looking at the gift set yesterday.
the gollum figure looks like a plastic figure not at all like a small statue.

i didnt like the way it was painted, i guess thats what made it look too plastic to me.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Please, Do Not Name Retailers that Break Street Dates. Thank you.

I have purchased several DVD's from a retailer and never once had a problem. I got the LOTR:TT in August the day it was released in the mail and the matrix the day after. When i ordered the Indiana Jones set I also ordered Finding Nemo and I got Nemo on time :). So I tell anybody about Overstock and my neighbors love them and they get there movies on time or early. Next door neighbor got his T3 DVD on time as well!! :D Now thats service IMO.

Sorry for breaking any rules and I have changed my post. :)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Whatever the price - please, God, let me live until Tuesday and I can watch this version straight through! Oh, and I'd like to see Return of the King: EE, too, if that's not too much too ask.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Any word on B&M retailers selling the TTT:EE set with a MovieCash coupon for a Return of the King theater ticket? I know that many of the online retailers last year didn't send out Fellowship sets that contained the Two Towers theater coupon, so I have resisted a pre-order.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I forgot about the free ticket. I hope they do it again. $24.99 at a B&M with a $5 mail-in rebate and a free movie ticket is a sweet deal.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
It is my understanding and it has been reported in posts at DVD Talk by people who have gotten their copies early that a ticket to Return of the King is not included. Gosh darn!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks