Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Friends 11/6/03

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Benny G

Benny G

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 07:24 PM

In my opinion, they followed up the best episode of the season with the worst episode ever. Not a single decent subplot, very few funny one-liners.

Ross and Charlie's breakup was absolutely horrible (the story/acting behind it...argh).

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   Jordan_E

Jordan_E

Screenwriter

• 2,233 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 01:12 AM

Knowing she was only on the show for a number of episodes took me right out of the "romance," leaving Ross looking like a guy with possibly the worst luck with women of all time. I only liked the last part with Joey and the painting.
And you believe, at heart, everyone's a killer...

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,077 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted November 07 2003 - 01:25 AM

The episode felt like it was written by a bunch of amateurs doing their first attempt at Friends fan fiction.

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 01:30 AM

I thought the episode was alright. The painting thing was funny.

Finally Ross is single agan so that they can do the final hooking up of Ross & Rachel.

Greg Kinnear was pretty funny.

I just wish they showed more group (all 6 friends)moments instead of soo much individual time.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,790 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted November 07 2003 - 01:32 AM

For the first time in three years, I was utterly bored by Friends. I'm starting to think this show should have been killed off last year...on a high note.

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning

Second Unit

• 296 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 02:35 AM

Not a great episode to be sure, but I had to laugh out loud when Charlie stroked one side of Ross' face and said "I'm sorry" then Kinnear stroked the other side and said "me too"....funny as hell!

#7 of 18 OFFLINE   Benny G

Benny G

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 04:01 AM

Can someone explain how this season is going to work? It's not a full season, right? How many new episodes are there going to be? Any information would be appreciated. Posted Image

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Craig S

Craig S

Producer

• 5,511 posts
  • LocationLeague City, Texas

Posted November 07 2003 - 04:52 AM

There are going to be 18 episodes total. Last night's was the 6th of the season. So there's only 12 more episodes, which will be spread out over the next 6 and 1/2 months. I'll bet most of those will be during the 3 sweeps months (the rest of this month, February & May).

Three truths about movies, as noted by Roger Ebert:

* It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.

* No good movie is too long, and no bad movie is short enough.

* No good movie is depressing, all bad movies are depressing.

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Eman_Ramos

Eman_Ramos

Stunt Coordinator

• 152 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 06:50 AM

Yeah, last night's episode was subpar.

But I must say, Phoebe's "paintings" were CREEPY.
Eman's Random Thoughts
Eman's 2005 Movie List
Eman's DVD Collection
Charter Member of the HTF San Diego Chargers Fan Club. Hop on the Boltwagon!

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 06:56 AM

I only saw the last half of the new episode, and I knew where it was headed when I walked in the room. The episode that followed I thought was funnier.

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 07:42 AM

ICHIBAN!!! I loved when the Money Grant guy asked Ross how to spell that made-up dinosaur..

"B-" "no, it starts with a silent M"

And "Im a pretty little girl"

But i agree, the plot with charlie breaking up with ross was stupid

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden

Producer

• 6,077 posts
  • LocationLivonia, MI USA

Posted November 07 2003 - 08:02 AM

I think that they mistakenly figured we would all laugh because the two Talk Soup hosts were getting together, so they didn't have to spend much time making it funny. Posted Image

Regards,
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Peter Kim

Peter Kim

Screenwriter

• 1,577 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 08:30 AM

Good catch, Ken...didn't even register while watching. I've actually found the last two episode to be quite disparate.
my girls rock Balenciaga & smoke mad marijuana - M.O.B.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
There are going to be 18 episodes total. Last night's was the 6th of the season.
holy crap. please don't tell my girlfriend that. she's been complaining to me for weeks that the new season has started but the tivo wasn't recording. i kept telling her she must be wrong.

well...last night i finally realized that the season pass was too far down the list and was being over-ridden by, of all shows, good eats! Posted Image

anyway, i taped last nights ep. watched (literally) about 5 minutes, rolled my eyes, and went to play on my pc instead.

this show is just stupid now...

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 01:28 PM

OT: Ted: Oh man, i LOVE good eats, Alton Brown is like the "Bill Nye" of cooking Posted Image

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 03:01 PM

Posted Image too funny nick. i never thought about it like that, but that's a very accurate description! heh...

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   MickeS

MickeS

Producer

• 5,065 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 08:24 AM

This "Friends" episode was OK, but this series has always had really, really sloppy writing, and this episode was no different.

So the other guys next to Ross didn't pipe up? And when Ross wanted to convince the girlfriend that the professor acted the way he said, he didn't go to the oother candidates instead? Yes, we are asked to "suspend disbelief", but this show always pushes it. I find the show funny, but the logic of this show has always, always sucked.
/Mike

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh

Screenwriter

• 2,968 posts

Posted November 10 2003 - 09:36 AM

It was an OK episode.

I just finished watching Season 5 on DVD and it is one of the best seasons of Friends IMO. I listened to the commentaries and they all said and agreed multiple times that the best episodes are the ones where everyone is together and the comedy is just them playing off of each other. I find that very true as well, and something that has been missing from this season. Everyone seems to be off doing their own thing and it just isn't as funny nor engaging.

Hopefully they will get back to that, probably with this years Thanksgiving episode.