Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What's next for the Wachowski brothers?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 of 28 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
If recent reports are correct, they won't be the Wachowski brothers much longer. Perhaps Wachowski siblings.

it's all about balance
...and choice.

#22 of 28 OFFLINE   nate n

nate n

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 05:21 AM

They should go on Oprah and defend themselves regarding revolutions and its lack of plot.

#23 of 28 OFFLINE   Max Leung

Max Leung

Producer

• 4,612 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 08:08 AM

Barely coherent conversation between myself and a friend in IM, about the future of the Matrix:

Maximus: Matrix: The Series. After Neo saves Zion and the Matrix, a ragtag team of human and machine constructs get together to replace the programs that were lost under Smith's terrifying reign. The series explores how humans and machines cooperate (and fight) over how to best control the occupants of the Matrix.

It could even follow an X-Files/CSI format...where a rogue program wreaks havoc and the team work together to stop it. Throw in some pseudo mystical bullshit and a hot babe with Matrix boobs and the show will be an instant hit! Oh, and I guess you need a hunky leather-clad man to win the woman viewers.

And of course you must throw in the conspiracy angle...some hidden master control program is behind the scenes trying to wrestle mastery of the matrix from the Architect.

Other cool sideplots: Love develops between a human and a machine. Yay, machine sex!

AllanOne: Plots?

Maximus: Oh...more plots: Hidden messages left by - Neo? No one is sure... another plot: contact is made with machines - rogue machines that escaped Earth!

Fun episodes: Suddenly all the food in the Matrix tastes like chicken! Oh no! The team struggles to fix the problem, with much hilarity. Ha. Ha.

AllanOne: Poor farmers in the Matrix begin to see images of Neo in mud puddles, melting snow, in the whipped cream of a Starbucks Special Reserve Mocha Latte, and, most disturbingly, in the vomit of a drunken college co-ed. Hilarity ensues.

Maximus: That's great stuff!

Maximus: Hmm I should cut and paste our conversation into the Matrix Rev thread at the HTF.

AllanOne: Just make sure you pass it by me first so I can correct my lame grammar.

Maximus: Nah, I don't think anyone would care. I could put in a disclaimer though.

AllanOne: Poor farmers in the Matrix begin to see images of Neo in mud puddles, melting snow, in the whipped cream of a Starbucks Special Reserve Mocha Latte, and, most disturbingly, in the vomit of a drunken college co-ed. Hilarity ensues.
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him...a super-callused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Gamesh....

#24 of 28 OFFLINE   James E

James E

Stunt Coordinator

• 193 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 07:51 PM

now that the Matrix 4, 5, and 6 are out of the way, it's time to make 1, 2, and 3.:b
20 Movies i like .

"To thine own self be true. (If not that, at least make some money.)" - Fortune

#25 of 28 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted November 08 2003 - 05:30 AM

Quote:
now that the Matrix 4, 5, and 6 are out of the way, it's time to make 1, 2, and 3.

James, don't give Warner Brothers any ideas... Posted Image

#26 of 28 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,049 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted February 23 2006 - 11:18 AM

The fact is, the utter failure of Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions was that there was, basically, no revolution. The slaves (Humans) simply accepted the fact they were slaves and celebrated over it.

The fact that there were millions of humans being used and processed as batteries seemed to be totally reduce to "oh well" by the last movie, which was a complete 180 from the setup in "The Matrix" in which the entire concept seemed to be humans as slaves, enslaved in their own mind, and try to rebel.

The way the series ended was complete trash, IMHO, and outside of Highlander 2, I can't think of other movies that so butchered the original concept.

I am aware they wrote all three. I still won't give them a pass on the sequels. Great effects. Lousy story.

The only way they could revist the Matrix for me would be to basically say "the last two movies were an illusion Pushed on Neo, another level of the Matrix.." to get him to accept robotic control; he finally rebels and does the machines in.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#27 of 28 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted July 18 2011 - 07:51 AM

As far as I know, Cloud Atlas is their next film. Possibly set to start shooting in September? http://collider.com/...m-tykwer/85621/

#28 of 28 OFFLINE   Brian Dobbs

Brian Dobbs

Supporting Actor

• 872 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted June 03 2013 - 11:26 AM

Jupiter Ascending - http://en.wikipedia....scending_(film)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow