What's new

What's next for the Wachowski brothers? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Any rumors as to what these guys could be up to next? I can't wait to see how they follow up on something like the Matrix trilogy.

Edit - Doh, looks like I was browsing the wrong forum. Maybe a mod could move this thread to Movies? Thanks.

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard any rumors, and it's probably too early for there to be any rumors. At this same point in the release of the first movie, someone asked them a similar question and their response was something like "We're too busy drinking and celebrating. Ask us that again later."

I'm sure whatever they come up with will spark heated discussions around here.

You know, I still haven't seen Bound. I'll have to correct that sometime soon.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
They totally should remake a so-called "classic" movie. Nobody wants to see them in black-and-white, fullframe, and in mono. How about a hip-hop, urban remake of The Maltese Falcon starring Usher and Lisa Kudrow?

Rocky F

Second Unit
Actually, I think I saw on Superhero Hype that they are being considered for taking over the Superman franchise, but that's probably just wishful fanboy thinking.

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
The Wachowski brothers are producing John Milius' 'King Conan: Crown of Iron' (aka Conan 3) - and no, Govnernor Schwarzenegger is not reprising his role.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
I dunno about the 2W bros, but this is what the producer has in mind...:D
Major discussion...post-Matrix era:
Reeves: Whoa! Yea! You know I'm the One!
Silver: Ok Neo, my next project is Wonderwoman. Ummm Let me see where I can fit you in.
Reeves: Uh..Joel, uhh what am I? Doing what..
Silver: Listen carefully..You're not doing anything yet...soon.
Neo: Did ya say Wonderwoman? Geeze, she has some nice outfits..Oh Yea the tights make me kinda woody, ya know.
Silver: That's It Neo. You'll be cast as her love interest.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I sort of think the Wachowski Brothers got their "Superman" jones out of their system. But I will say that I appreciated their choice in how they depicted super-hero-like mid-air fights and battles in these last 2 installments of the Matrix films.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Wow. All the smack being talked about the Wachowskis on the HTF today must make George Lucas feel left out.

- Walter.

todd stone

Screenwriter
To be honest , the blunders of matrix 2 and 3, I really am not looking forward to ANYTHING they do now.

Amano Ai

Agent
The 1st Matrix brought in a lot of hype, the 2nd and 3rd certainly did not deliver. I think the hype on the Wachowsko brothers are over if not, soon to be. Just my opinion though.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see them turn to something much smaller in scale, and entirely different than the Matrix films.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
"Entertainment Weekly" had an article on Alan Moore a few months ago, and they mentioned that the Wachowskis had adapted Moore's V For Vendetta and were planning to make it prior to The Matrix. I'd certainly like to see them tackle it.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If recent reports are correct, they won't be the Wachowski brothers much longer. Perhaps Wachowski siblings.

How about a combo spin-off and remake? Agent Smith Goes to Washington

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks