What's new

Refurb Denon Avr-3803 (1 Viewer)

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
No, Eric is correct. A brand new 3803 for the price he listed.

You ask 6th Ave. for the 3802 at that price. When they tell you that are out, they are willing substitute the 3803 for the same price.

I gave a grand a year ago for my 3803. But the past year have been worth the extra $$$ to my ears and eyes...

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike

Sounds kinda risky to me. W/my luck, I'd ask for a 3802 and that's exactly what I'd get. :frowning:

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I suppose that would be the case for me too! ;)

It's my understanding that 6th Ave has been offering the substitution for a couple of weeks or so...

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I wonder what would happen if you called and flat out asked for the deal?

"Hi Mr. Telephone Sales person. My name is Mike. I hear you've run out of the Denon 3802 and have been substituting the 3803 for the price of the 3802...can I get that deal? I'm ready to purchase right now."

What do you think? :emoji_thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

Real Name
Karl
I took the gamble just now and ordered the 3802. I'll keep my status updated here for anyone who wants to see.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Karl,

How does their website work? Do you order the 3802 and HOPE and PRAY that they "automatically upgrade" you to the 3803?

When do you find out...when UPS comes?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
That sounds really risky...I think I'll go put one in my cart and give it a shot.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Hmm, I stuck one in my cart: "In Stock".

Went to checkout: "In Stock"

I emptied the cart after that...what's the deal? Do you have to do it over the phone?

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
My understanding is that you order by phone...

But to be sure, check with some of the guys at the thread I listed.

Eric Tobias

Agent
Ask for the 3802 and they will offer the 3803 as a substitute. Price was 688 they lowered to 648 plus .06 shipping. My email receipt is for a 3803. They are an authorized retailer.

By ordering my 3803 I am guaranteeing the 3804 will be released next week. Just my luck.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Thanks Chuck and Eric. I'll give it a shot and see what happens...man, I hope I don't wind up with a 3802!!

***GRRRRR!***

Their website is screwed up. (Sound&Vision) Tried to register. It's one of those "they mail you the URL" and you've gotta visit the URL to activate type jobbies. Their code is screwy...won't go thru. So I can't ask anyone in that thread what the dealie is.

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator
How would you guys compare the 3803 to the Elite 53TX and the H/K 525. I had narrowed down my choice to those two, but if the 3803 is in the same price range, I may have to consider it. Thanks.

Real Name
Karl
Ok, here's the deal. I called 6ave to check on my order. For my order the 3802 has already been replaced the 3803 and my receipt will show the 3803! Total is $648.06! Unbelievable deal! Eric and Chuck, thanks a TON for mentioning this here.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Wow, that's great news, Karl!

Tell us how you did it, please. Did you just call and say "I'd like to order the 3802?"

Is there a certain salesman to ask for?

Real Name
Karl
I placed the order online last night, then called this morning inquiring about it. I said that I heard a rumor that all orders for the 3802 were being switched to the 3803 and they verified it for me. I would definately call either to order or to verify the swap after placing an order online for the 3802. Good luck to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks