What's new

Nemo international release? (1 Viewer)

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
As I am in charge of ordering DVD's at the store I work at I got Buena Vista's release plans up until next summer.

Unfortunatly I have som bad news.

It's coming out in March (exact date not known), however, there is also a pic of the dvd and... it looks like it will be released first as a 1 disc (just like Monsters Inc.) and will probably not contain a DTS track. I would assume however that a 2 disc SE is planned, but I don't think it will be released for another year.

Stay cool in the meantime. ;)

AlexBC

Second Unit
I'm almost sure it will come out in DTS in R4 Aus, R2 UK and Jpn. It might show up in R4 Brz and R3 HK and Korea too

James Reader

Screenwriter
Aus it is coming out at the end of Feb - 2 disc with DTS (no full frame).

As for the UK - it only opened here about 4 weeks ago. Expect a release sometime around Easter.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Don't see any listing for it in HK or Korea with DTS. Checked Koreandvds.com and yesasia and neither have DTS as a spec.

In Brazil, doesn't say anything about a DTS track.

RexW

Stunt Coordinator
Here in Japan, it doesn't even open up in the theaters until Dec 6th. So a DVD release will be a while away. There was DTS on the Lion King but Japanese DTS. Treasure Planet was just announced but I haven't seen complete specs for it yet.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
According to a flyer with the UK Lion King disc, Nemo is due Easter next year as a 2 disc edition. No mention of DTS

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
Koreandvds has updated the specs for Finding Nemo and it shows DTS sound now.
Also the region 04 release will feature DTS.

The UK release is scheduled to be released with DTS as well.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
It will likely be English for the Korean dvd , this was with every Disney release.

With R4 I mean Austalia , sorry I was not clearer about this :D

AlexBC

Second Unit
Regarding R4 Brazil, Disney never reveals full specs (or correct specs) until release day. So that's why I said it would be possible for R4 Brz to include it, as now R3 includes it as I assumed.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I checked that Monsters Inc. and you are correct Craig.
I have asked for veryfication of the DTS track to be English or Korean and I will let you all know.

I have no doubt however that the Australian and UK release will feature English DTS.

Tin-Lun Lau

Stunt Coordinator
i'm planning to get the R3 Hong Kong version just so i can watch it dubbed in cantonese (in which i'll watch in mandarin after) cuz i'm a big fan of Lau Ching-Wan who is in the cantonese dub.

but i don't think the R3 version has DTS either. too many audio tracks to fit in there. you have english 5.1, mandarin 5.1, cantonese 2.0, thai 2.0 and commentary (if there is any). i doubt there'd be enougy space for DTS at all.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
R3 Taiwanese version has dts and THX, the best part about it is the price... less than $15. It was just released

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I talked to my supplier of Korean dvd's and they state that there is DTS sound on the dvd but they can't say if it will be English or not.
They suspect it will because The Lion King also has English DTS on the dvd.

They will inform me when the dvd is released on wether it is English or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks