Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I ordered the 25-31 PCi!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   PeterKurpiewski

PeterKurpiewski

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 03:40 AM

Yep, I knew I was getting an SVS sub since my dreams of home theater came to me, I just wasn't sure which. I had originally thought I'd grab the 20-39 PCi, but in an email with Ron (What great service!) he suggested I get the 25-31 instead. Not being one to turn down good advices, I listened to what he said and ordered it last Sunday. They're back ordered on some parts, so it's gonna be a bit longer, but I have a feeling the wait will be worth it. This'll give me time to grab an spl meter at least, hehe. Once it arrives, I'll give you an update. That is, if I can tear myself away from the system.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   Guyza

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 03:45 AM

Nice choice! I love my 25-32Pci (tuned to 22hz).

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Richard_B

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator

• 137 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 05:37 AM

Congrats Peter, SVS makes some great subs. I am running the 25-31 PC+ with no complaints.
Richard

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   MarkyM

MarkyM

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 05:51 AM

Just make sure you have everything glued down !!!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Eliab/Dave Abrams calibrated 47" Panny
Yamaha,NAD,Toshiba "in the rack"
Paradigm all around
SVS on the floor

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

• 628 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 02:46 PM

I know the feeling. I just got my 25-31PCi (22hz) too. My AVR-225 is in the shop so I'll have to wait a little while longer to really unleash it. I lived w/out a left surround channel for a few days so I could experience it a little. Well worth the money and the wait!

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   MikeLi

MikeLi

Supporting Actor

• 945 posts

Posted November 05 2003 - 11:00 PM

I hope they find the problem with your receiver. I have had a Yamaha upper end DSP for 6 years probably. It was one of the first Dolby Digital ones to hit the market. Does 100 watts into each channel and has been a wonderful receiver until this year when the right front channel decided it did not want to work at times. Drove me crazy. Had it to the shop twice and the ride down there must have cleare up the problem. Would get it home and it would work find for about a month then back to the problem. I am tired of screwing with it as it is an all day process getting it in and out of the entertainment center so I just bought a new Denon 3803. for about 1/3 the cost I might ad from 6 years ago. Anyway I hope this does better when I get a day to hook it up. Now what to do with the Yammy?

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   RichardH

RichardH

Supporting Actor

• 742 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 07:05 AM

Quote:
Now what to do with the Yammy?

Get an SVS CS and hook it up to the Left front channel that's still reliable! Posted Image Posted Image

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   Ralph Summa

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

• 717 posts

Posted November 06 2003 - 07:18 AM

You have no idea what you have just done! Posted Image

I received a 25-31PCi for Christmas last year and rewatching all your DVDs is like seeing (hearing) them for the first time.

Enjoy!

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

• 628 posts

Posted November 07 2003 - 04:06 AM

I got my reciever back yesterday and all is well. I hooked everything back up. I just have to calibrate now. My neighbors may not like me too much if I decide to unleash the SVS tonite.