What's new

Problem With Hell Freezes Over DVD (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure I am posting to the correct area, but here goes...

I just picked up the Eagles Hell Freezes Over and slapped it in the DVD player.

I chose DTS when the first menu came up and the fun began. Hotel California sounded great in DTS 5.1. I listened to a few more tracks and went to the menu to select the audio-only version of Seven Bridges Road.

As soon as I went to the menu, the signal switched from DTS 5.1 to PCM stereo. As a result, I was not able to play the audio-only, DTS-only Seven Bridges Road track. I went back to play a few more songs and I was permanently in PCM mode. Only way to get back to DTS seemed to be to eject the disk and start over. Same problem presented itself again when I went to the menu, so I still couldn't play Seven Bridges Road.

I am running a Panasonic CV-52 DVD player connected via optical to a Pioneer VSX-D811S. I have never had any trouble playing DTS tracks with this setup before.

Am I missing something here?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jeff

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
it's a known problem. you can't do both. if you wan't to play SBR, do it right away from the menu.

select DTS audio. once the laser scene comes on hit your menu button. select song index, next page, then SBR. then select "play track".

SBR should play for you now...

dave

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Exactly. And if you mess up and push a wrong button, hit stop and then open and close the tray again.

Jeff_Fitz

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. Worked like a charm.

I am a little disappointed this hasn't been corrected in the almost 5 years since this DVD was released.

Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks